I don't like to exercise....if you don't like it either try

Options
I'm very busy and active but I don't like to exercise. I have to say that i'm doing the couch to 5k program and its working for me. Mind you your supposed to go up a level each week its requesting but i'm not. I'll be doing the first week for a couple of weeks. The way i look at it is, at least i'm doing something and its helping. Does anyone have any other suggestions that would also help for someone that don't like to do exercise??

Replies

• msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Find a dance class. Whatever music you like, find out what gets danced to that and take a class. I love big band and such and have taken up swing dancing. It's fun and along the way you get exercise as a side benefit.
  • lornabug
    Options
    Yes, find something you like that doesn't seem like exercise. Playing in the water, dancing, Xbox Kinect, riding a bike around town.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'd say just suck it up and move some weight. We have to push ourselves to improve, that is how we progress.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I really like the Just Dance games for Wii- fun and calorie burning! Much more interesting than a gym workout!
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a zumba class? It's really popular, partly because it's so enjoyable it doesn't feel quite like exercise.
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i started my journey i HATED exercise.
    Now im an addict...

I used wii/xbox alot.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    I'm very busy and active but I don't like to exercise. I have to say that i'm doing the couch to 5k program and its working for me. Mind you your supposed to go up a level each week its requesting but i'm not. I'll be doing the first week for a couple of weeks. The way i look at it is, at least i'm doing something and its helping. Does anyone have any other suggestions that would also help for someone that don't like to do exercise??
    It basically comes down to hating being overweight more than hating exercise. It's funny though. When people are out of shape, they hate exercise. As they get in greater and better shape, they tend to enjoy it more because they become better at it. But that usually goes for just about anything you do in life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lfcdan
    Options
    I am addicted to Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, just done 5 miles without leaving the house.
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    Used to hate exercise. Then I tried zumba. I go at least once a week now and do other types of exercise too. Zumba is still my favourite!
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    My advice is to do something that you enjoy, regardless of what that may be. Walking, running, dancing, hiking, - whatever, you should enjoy it so it doesn't feel like a chore. You should also try new things because you'll never really know if you like it or not unless you try. You never know, salsa dancing may become your new favourite exercise :) x
  • 67July
    67July Posts: 17
    Options
    thanks for all the advise. :flowerforyou: