I am NOT cute at the gym

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I've never once been hit on at the gym. I think it's because of my giant Bose noise canceling headphones...

They kinda make me look like a sweaty alien.
  • jwalker30
    Options
    .... some things are better left unsaid....
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I never got hit on at a gym.

Oh, wait a minute ... I never joined a gym.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Shots fired!! lol , but I agree...

You crack me up!! :laugh:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I feel like I missed something entertaining because you must have actually "said" something before you "unsaid" it (since your post was edited). Now I am really wondering what it was.
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I got hit on at the gym for the first time a few months ago. I stopped going to that location for a bit because I realized that the time I ended up there it was a total meat market. Then I realized that I needed to do my thing. Apparently the vibe I have always given off is sweet and approachable so I started using that to my advantage. The last time someone hit on me at the gym I told him, "that's bad gym etiquette." and walked away. My other defaults are, "I'm a lady" and "That is not appropriate conversation/language for mixed company." For some reason, these responses kind of freak people out but I would rather freak someone out with manners than with gross ickiness and aggressive sexuality.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I take the silence as a yes, I am weird. Oh well.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I take the silence as a yes, I am weird. Oh well.

If you're weird then so is my husband.:wink:

And I'm gratefull for it!:laugh:
  • kototo
    kototo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I look like hell at the gym....just sayin'. Luckily at my age, no one is going to hit on me anyway...lol Oh, the joy of being middle aged and happily married....

Love it! I agree! Middle age has its perks!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town & go to the local gym. Everyone knows each other at least by sight. So the only 'looks' I get are from people trying to remember where they know me from. I work in a local shop & the sight of me out of uniform tend to throw them.

And TBH if I was going to getting hit on, the chances are it would be by a woman, there is a huge lesbian population in my town, we're famous for it!
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    So what are you wearing at the gym? I wear baggy sweats or a long baggy tee over my yoga pants . It seems to work.
  • Winner20122013
    Options
    and some things are fun to say to get a reaction :)
  • j3nn14er
    Options
    haha i know I just get so red and sweaty so if anyone's looking at me I know the thought in their heads are along the lines of "wth is that girl doing??"
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I may even go out of my way to look 'A hot mess' as I would put it. I try to make myself unapproachable (earphones in ear, music blasting) therefore it is (or should be) very clear that I am not here for YOU, I am here for ME. Im not rude, just not interested. So dont get all in your feelings when I don't talk to you or respond to your wack *kitten* pick up lines! Boy please, go somewhere before your feelings get hurt.

Obviously no one should be hitting on you uninvited, but you are really beautiful, and look like you have some serious attitude, and men find that hot. It is a compliment, however annoying they might be!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    Here's a pro-tip

When Casanova approaches, let him get within a couple feet and rip a big 'ol exercise fart.

some men like that when a woman acts normal
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i dont dress up at the gym and i get hit on now and then .. its nice to know someone likes you for you and i didnt have to put on airs to attract anyone.
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    Here's a pro-tip

When Casanova approaches, let him get within a couple feet and rip a big 'ol exercise fart.

Bahahahahahahahaha!!
  • LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm not "cute", either... I'm there to work out and sweat, baby...
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I went to LA FItness today for the first time with the wife. She was on the ellipticals and I hit the treadmills. I saw about 3 dudes that were basically flexing the entire time and walking around the gym on their cellphones. They would sit at the machines, do a couple of light sets, and just remain there during the entire hour long duration of my workout. Coming from the company gym, I can't say that I liked the atmosphere really, but as long as people stay out of my way and mind their business I'm fine. There was hotties there as well, but I barely noticed, as I was too busy trying not to be fat, lol!

too busy trying not to be fat!!!! YES
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    that is the same thing I say girl! I hate those stupid guys staring at you or saying hello like I care! it annoys me so much, I consider any approach as official harassment, the other day some old ugly dude came to use the ark machine next to me (there where like 10 empty ones next to either side of me, he kept on looking at me I kept on doing my thing, everytime he tried to say something I would just ignore him, so creepy! that's when I wish there was an all girls gym close to me... oh well... we have to suffer a few bugs if we ever want to be butterflies ;)

LOL, so how old was the old dude? Like 40? It's all relative, to be honest.

If you want to be left alone, but don't want to be rude (some of us are that way), then you can acknowledge them with a small smile and then immediately break eye contact. That says that you are polite but not interested.