has anyone lost weight without exercise???????????

Options
hiya just wanted to know whether anyone has lost weight just sticking to a low cal diet and no execise ???????????

Replies

• wendyc2015
    Options
    I have lost 10lbs so far. Started in mid Jan. It is not that I don't want to exercise, it is just the case of me finding the right ones....and usually when I plan on exercising my phone rings and I usually have to help someone with something .....
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Exercise is extremely important in this whole weight loss thing... Your body will just get used to running off of a low calorie diet and any results you see at first will most certainly be short lived. Find a way to get active and you will be much happier in the long run
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 15 - 20 pounds in 2010 that way. But this time I am exercising and it is so much better - I can eat more, I look so much better and feel great. You will see a difference in yourself (lose inches) alot faster with exercise.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have. So far I've lost 22 pounds with no planned exercise. I will, however, begin adding weight lifting to my lifestyle soon.
  • TheSane
    Options
    I did WW 5 years ago and lost without exercise. I felt deprived ALL the time. I'm now focusing on fitness/exercise and watching my calories. This time I feel strong and not deprived at all, and I'm losing. I feel like I've made the lifestyle change that I wasn't able to understand before by incorporating exercise.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have before. I did Curves and if I went few week only on the diet and not doing any exercise more then my every day life... lost very slowly. if I worked out just one or two days a week for just 30 minutes I lost about four times more! but nothing toned... I mean yeah I lost some fat... but I didn't gain any strength or FITTNESS out of it and it really didn't work for me not exercising with it.... for the diet I was on I might as well throw some workouts in there and get so much more out of it then to not even bother and do all of that work dieting for so much less... hope that makes since. lol

PS and even though my calories didn't go up when I did workout I was WAY more hungry and miserable not working out then I was when I did!
  • LadyWingsFan
    Options
    I am losing my first 10 lbs (I need to lose 30) without exercise. I need to make my portion control, drinking water and better food choices a stable habit before I add my next big one, which will be exercise. I have lost 7....only a few more til I add some type of exercise to my daily regimen. Wintertime in Michigan is extremely hard to fit in exercise, especially when I'm a single working mom of three ;)

So in short, YES, it is possible to lose it, but I would encourage you to fit it in once you get the dietary habit down to a T :)
  • mcorange01
    mcorange01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds without exercising. I just didn't have any energy. Now that I have lost some I can actually get up and move!!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight with little to no exercise.

I do strength train regularly now though, and do some cardio every once in a while.
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I did, a couple of years ago. I lost weight slowly, felt deprived and unhealthy. I gained it all back rather quickly. This time around I can say that I would never want to make that mistake again. I am now eating healthy and losing the weight, I eat more though because of the exercise. It keeps me motivated!:smile:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's mostly about food, though exercise will speed it up and tone you up.
    Look at both for the whole picture.
    I think you will want to exercise more when your weight drops.
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replys its just i noticed when i don't exercise for a week i seem to lose at least 1 pound and when i do exercise (30ds) i struggle to lose 1 pound
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 pounds so far (in 5 weeks) without exercise.

Trying to eat fairly clean, not a lot of added sugars, eating lots of fibre and trying to up my protein.

Not that I am sedentary; I walk the dog, shovel the snow, am on my feet for a large portion of the day for my work, but I haven't done any specific program. Not planning on keeping this up, though, and not making any excuses, either. Exercise is very important!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My first 15 or so was with out exercise. After you feel good it starts to feel like a waste not to =]. Plus it helps prevent looking skinny fat.
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I haven't exercised much on my weight loss, mostly due to being so busy with my own business. I lost 80lbs by diet and cleaner eating. I would exercise maybe once or twice a week. Lately I have been doing P90X and have GAINED 2 1/2 lbs, but being told it is normal. :S
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    the way this site is designed you dont need to exercise at all to lose weight. At first i did very little, still now i only do strength training aka weightlifting 3 times a week for 45 min or so........... 47lbs down

exercise is important for overall health of course, but isn't necessary to lose weight, only a calorie deficit
  • jswayze67
    jswayze67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have lost 11.6lb in 5 weeks with zero exercise. I have M.E., otherwise known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, at the moment so exercise is out of the question! I already have a genetic condition which seriously limits any exercise I can do but I still lost 2 stone 5lb in 6 months last year with no exercise so yes, it can be done, but if you CAN do exercise, it will really help and will tone you up as well which is where I struggle. Good luck!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I never tried without exercise, but I workout 5-7 times a week and have a ton of energy due to exercising. The best part is you lose inches off your body as well as pounds when you exercise.
  • johnkarpf
    johnkarpf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 lbs. since 1/2/12 so far without ANY exercise, I will start toning muscles when I reach my goal weight.
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes. it can be done. I know people in wheelchairs that aren't physically able to work out and have lost just from dieting alone.
    However, if you can work out and do so cardio it would be great. Comes off faster and stays off longer. Good Luck!