I obviously am not eating enough on days I exercise then bec

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
I've been exercising like crazy and following a 1200 cal goal, but not eating my back my exercise cals, and I haven't seen ANY change in shape or on the scale. I even took comparison pics, and there's NO difference. So, I've been really sluggish the past couple of days and down to quite honest so I haven't exercised, but I've still stayed within my cal range, and this morning I get on the scale like 15 times...LOL and I'm down a couple of pounds. Now, I do NOT want to lose weight simply by eating less...I want to lose weight by exercising as well. So I feel it is confirmed, I need to eat back those cals on days I workout. lol I already know I can lose weight by eating less (without) exercise, so when I added exercise to the mix, I thought for sure I would max out and lose a ton of weight....yea, LOL NO!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent the other day. You guys were so right. I wasn't even trying to get any type of confirmation. I just simply got depressed and lazy. lol

Replies

• marquesajen
    Options
    Experience is the best teacher sometimes. I remember this happening to me and I was so confused, but it makes sense now. Eat hearty!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Live and learn! I hope others read this and it encourages them to eat their exercise calories as well.
  • snowdays
    snowdays Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started seriously working out and have not been loseing. I have been getting very weak, I guess because I have not been eating enough of the foods that will give me the energy that I need for this. What does everyone eat before working out?
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have always struggled with eating a regular breakfast and have found having a smoothie works well for me and I workout after and it gives me great energy too!

Breakfast green smoothie recipe
    1 banana
    1T ground flax seed
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 cup almond milk - unsweetened
    large handful fresh spinach
    1 cup frozen broccoli
    stevia to taste
    1/4 cup white beans (keeps me full longer)

I adapt this basic recipe to whatever fruits and veggies I want to use and have on hand. But this is a great way to get veggies in and you cannot even taste them.......this is my standard breakfast and I usually excercise within an hour of eating. Good luck!!
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    oops forgot to say.........this is for you snowdays :happy:
  • xxgemma19xx
    Options
    i stick to 1000 cals a day, and i dont eat my excercise cals that ive gained. and ive been loosing atleast 2/3 lbs a week
    i just think if u eat ur cals that uve gained from excercise then ur not going to loose any weight, but maybe thats just me, ive tried it before and didnt loose any weight, and since doing my 1000 cals a day ive lost 17.6lbs in 5 weeks
  • meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this diet plan for 5 weeks now, but I have actually lost more on the weeks that I have eaten back some of my exercise calories. On days I don't get to exercise, I stick to 1200 flat. But on days I do, I try to eat back about half of my exercise calories so I can keep my energy up and recover faster.

I know that it's not for everyone, but it's what works for me! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    i stick to 1000 cals a day, and i dont eat my excercise cals that ive gained. and ive been loosing atleast 2/3 lbs a week
    i just think if u eat ur cals that uve gained from excercise then ur not going to loose any weight, but maybe thats just me, ive tried it before and didnt loose any weight, and since doing my 1000 cals a day ive lost 17.6lbs in 5 weeks

I've lost weight eating 2000 calories a day plus exercise calories. This site is designed for eating exercise calories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Rae6503/view/exercise-calories-166276

1000 calories gross w/o eating exercise calories is probably not a healthy approach to weight loss.

I could say a lot more but I won't.
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    On the days I exercise I eat 1500 calories......on the days I don't I eat 1200. I go by what mfp tells me to eat. So far it is working far better than I ever imagined. I think I have undereaten so much in the past and then I get to a certain point of *starving* and binge. I think I am listening to my body more and eating more and wow is it working!! Good luck with finding what works for you!
    p.s. my daughter does not eat her exercise points and is really struggling with losing too and she is hungry alot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!