345lbs, heart attack and a stent later here I am

Options

Replies

• jenoflexington
    Options
    Our health is the most important thing in our life - from it emanates everything else we are able to do. You are doing the right thing. I joined here, too, recently. Feel free to add me. You can do this!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    you can do it!!! i was 300lbs at one time ..went from a size 26 and now down to a 14.. still plugging away .. i had a TIA so im living proof you can be healthier if you put your mind to it.. congratulations on your success thus far!!!
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Dave! This is a good start as there is a lot of good people here that will help you with support and motivation. You can do this and we are here for you!
  • muskiesfan
    Options
    Welcome Dave! I am very sorry that you and your family had to go through that. Congratulations on the lifestyle change though!

I'm 33 and had let myself go. I don't have any medical conditions, I just decided to make a lifestyle change. I started at 345 pounds as well. January 9th I began the change and January 10th I began using MFP. I'm down 20 pounds now. Just keep watching those calories and keep up with the walking.

Congrats on your weight loss and good luck on your continued success!

-Joe
  • mjhartness
    mjhartness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Dave, wonderful job on the 35 lbs so far......What a wonderful gift you are giving your girls by becoming healthy and taking charge of your life! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • waterlily
    waterlily Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job on your 35 Lbs loss so far!! YOU are doing awesome!! Keep up the wonderful work!! :smile:
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Dave! That sure is a tough lesson learned - I'm glad you survived and are taking control of your life & body.

I have had uncontrolled high blood pressure since I was 17 years old. Doctors telling me I had a huge chance of having a heart attack or stroke was the main thing that motivated me to get serious. It was scary to think I'd leave my kids and husband.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far...you can do this!!! This website has been a lifesaver to me - by friending some supportive, inspirational and motivating people who help hold me accountable and with the food and exercise diary to see right in front of me, really helps me keep track of my progress.

Good luck, Dave!!
  • lokin4deer
    lokin4deer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome you sure make a new guy feel good!! I have a lot to learn and a long way to go but I will get there!

Timmomo I am not aware of any TLC info online. The nutrionist who came into my hospital room had the hand out with the TLC Total Lifestyle Change on it. It was basically just a referance type material about what I should and shouldnt eat.

One other newbie question. In the success section what does NSV stand for LOL I know its a acrynom for something I just cant figure it out. LOL Thanks!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Great job so far and a great attitude. I'm sure you will be successful!

NSV = Non-Scale Victory
  • lokin4deer
    lokin4deer Posts: 44 Member
    Options

NSV = Non-Scale Victory

LOL Thanks I would have never got that!
  • Dustin_02
    Dustin_02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome mfp and congrats your lost so far! You can do it, one day at a time. Feel free to add me
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    welcome and congratulations on your weight loss up to now
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome and congratulations on taking control. ♥
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!

I " got smart " when I started being unable to tie my shoes, make it up the stairs, etc.

You CAN do this!
  • dorairwin
    Options
    Welcome to mfp !! awesome ...feel free to add me

God Bless
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and more power to you, for facing a challenge so valiantly.

I'm sure a heart attack is no easy thing to recover from, but you sound like you're on your way to great health and fitness.
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    welcome and congrats on your tlc so far. wish you luck on reaching your goals. your off to a great start.
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options

NSV = Non-Scale Victory

LOL Thanks I would have never got that!

i was confused about that one too. i thought it meant Non-Sliced Veal. :)
  • belgianal
    Options
    Hi Dave. I am 52 years old and started this journey weighing 325. I had a scare in October that got me exercising and eating right. I also have 3 daughters and they go to the gym and workout with me most of the time. They rotate going with me, I think they have ganged up on me to get me to become healthy. If you would like to add me as a friend that would be great. You are doing great and this is a great place to keep motivated!

Allen
  • Mbond74
    Mbond74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave and everyone else! I am new here as well, but there seems to be a strong sense of community here! Best of luck on your journey!

Merry