Best HRM!

Options
2»

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to get a good one, too! I was looking at the Polar FT40 and FT60, and they look AWESOME! However, I think they have waaaay more features than I will ever use at my current stage of physical fitness. Perhaps I'll invest in something like that once I am able to do more running and other athletic events. Right now, though, I'd prefer something a little more simplistic. I'm thinking the Polar FT4F is more my cup of tea.

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-FT4F-Heart-Monitor-Watch/dp/B0031ZK84E/ref=dp_return_1?ie=UTF8&n=3375251&s=sporting-goods
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    I love my FT40. Works great and never lets me down!
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft7, and love it! However I got it at the same price as the ft4 was because it was mis priced. I would of gotten the ft4 had that not been the case. Also I beleive they are pretty much the very same with the exception of the ft7 being able to connect via a wire to the internet to relay info. The connective wire for that is not included, and the info can be added manualy in any case.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have the ft7! Its easy to use too!!! I'm not sure how to transfer my info to the computer yet tho! But everything else is so user friendly.
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've got the FT7, love it x
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR60 and I love it! Works really well, stores workout data, and is easy to set-up and use.
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 and love it! It works great and the strap isn't even noticeable :)
  • beckie1185
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting one also, and am really glad to see this post!
    Looks like I will be checking out the Polar FT7!
    How much are they? LOL
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have a timex, believe it or not, and it's great. But the best HRM is the one you use.
  • SamSlim2012
    Options
    Try the Scosche myTreck at this link. http://www.scosche.com/health-fitness
    also available at the apple store. A little pricy, but the strap fits on your arm, near the elbo instead of the chest, which some women have a tough time with. It works with an app available for most smart phones.I use it with my clients, and they like it.
  • dorairwin
    Options
    Bump
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Anyone in the UK find any for a decent price, I've got a budget of £25-£30 but I want the best I can get.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. Easy to use, has the features I need, and was a little bit lower in price than the FT7. Chest strap is comfy and I actually had someone complement my "watch" while at dinner the other night. I got it on amazon for under $60.

Admittedly, it took me a while to get up the courage to spend my money on something like this but it was totally worth it. The difference in calories burned was pretty dramatic, in some cases my calorie burn was 200 cals under what mfp was giving me. Also, with the hrm, when walking I find myself almost racing so I can keep my heart rate in the optimimum zone. Definitely helps keep me motivated.
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting one also, and am really glad to see this post!
    Looks like I will be checking out the Polar FT7!
    How much are they? LOL

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/heramo.html

$76-$82
  • porvenir
    porvenir Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT60!