Burn Fat Faster! I tried it, it works!

Options
2»

Replies

• ThePoptart
    ThePoptart Posts: 28
    Options
    Hehe! It's so funny this is mentioned because I recently started doing this myself. I can't handle too intense of exercise so I've been walk/trotting (what i do can hardly be considered jogging yet lol) on the trail by my house every day. Every other song that comes on my ipod I will alternate between walking and trotting. I'm seriously AMAZED at how much noticeable fat I have burned at such a quick rate. I highly recommend interval training of some kind.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I tried this today and I will continue it. I feel great!
    31371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Robin9
    Options
    I hope i see these kind of results....how soon after starting it did you notice anything??
  • Robin9
    Options
    One more question....Interval training is not on the list to choose from, I did this for 40 minutes on the elliptical including a 5 minute warm up and cool down using a 1:2 ratio. Since we burn more cals interval training vs the consistent speed method (the way mfp calculates) should I add more time to the counter (like 15 mins) in order to account for the additional calories burned interval training?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    One more question....Interval training is not on the list to choose from, I did this for 40 minutes on the elliptical including a 5 minute warm up and cool down using a 1:2 ratio. Since we burn more cals interval training vs the consistent speed method (the way mfp calculates) should I add more time to the counter (like 15 mins) in order to account for the additional calories burned interval training?

Robin, since everybody is different, it doesn't really matter much as the mfp stated exercise calories are going to be a VERY rough estimate anyway, you could be off by tens to hundreds of calories. If you REALLY want to know how many calories you are burning during a workout, you need an HRM with a chest strap or some other way to actively measure heart rate (not one of the cheap wrist only ones, they only estimate heart rate)

Plus, you know you can add that exercise and just change the calorie total anyway right? just enter a higher number in there if you're guestimating anyway.
  • io_ragazza
    io_ragazza Posts: 23
    Options
    Banks! So going to try that interval thingy in th park this weekend! Sounds painful...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have named my intervals. They are called.

I DARE YOU!!

Remember as a kid, your walking with your friends and they say I DARE you to run to the end of the street!!" ??

That is what I do. I say Ok Jeannie............I DARE you to run 3 houses.......turns into 4 then 5.

I like to have fun when I play...uh, I mean work out!!

:heart: I DARE you!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Banks! So going to try that interval thingy in th park this weekend! Sounds painful...

which one? The one on my blog? Oh wait, I just realized I put the link to my military routine up. You mean that one right? It's a good routine, brutal but good. Have fun!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    bumping to save.