How do you log Yoga Meltodown??

Options
I'm starting Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown, but noticed that it isn't in the exercise database. How do you log the exercise? The closest I can find is "yoga" but I feel like I'll be burning more than 61 cals in 30 minutes. Suggestions?

Replies

• mcnibbleton
    Options
    Bump.

I'd like to know too, I haven't tried this one yet!
  • DaisyBone
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc try calculating with this. you have different types of yoga.
  • bander21
    bander21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just put it in as yoga. I love it! Yoga meltdown is one of my favorites of Jillian Micheal's! I also alternate between her Ripped in 30, and Shred and Shed. Those I log as Circuit Training General. If you find a better way to log yoga meltdown let me know!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    When I did it my HRM said that I burned 145 calories in half an hour. I am 5'6" and I was around 140 when I did the exercise. If your height/weight are similar to mine then this should be a good guestimation for your calorie burn.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I went online and found this calorie counter: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Put in your weight and then scroll down to the "power yoga" option. Put in how many minutes you spent on it, then scroll down a bit more and click the "calculate" button. MFP's exercise calculator only has hatha yoga, which is stretching. I find Health Status's calculator is a bit more accurate too, since it makes you put in your weight.

Hope that helps! :smile:
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Do you have a HRM? I'd wear one for hot yoga and found out I was torching close to 500 calories in a 90 minute class. Find out what your burn is and just enter it as your own exercise.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't do that one very often, but I have a heartrate monitor that I use to estimate my calories for all of my workouts. Love me some Jillian so I have several exercises in my personal database named after the dvd's that I do, then I manually type in the calories shown on my HRM.
  • EBaca140
    Options
    I've just logged it as yoga and changed the calories burned to what my heart rate monitor said.
  • ohpilot
    ohpilot Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just put it in as yoga. I love it! Yoga meltdown is one of my favorites of Jillian Micheal's! I also alternate between her Ripped in 30, and Shred and Shed. Those I log as Circuit Training General. If you find a better way to log yoga meltdown let me know!

May I ask how long you've been doing Yoga Meltdown? I've been thinking about starting it, but I need some motivation. There's all kinds of results posts from 30DS but not many of her other DVDs :(
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!! I'll check out those websites to see what the numbers come out to. I don't have a HRM, but now I'm seriously thinking about getting one! Any brands you guys recommend?

Oh, and I did my first workout, and man is it good! I love yoga, and this is a great workout!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I went online and found this calorie counter: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Put in your weight and then scroll down to the "power yoga" option. Put in how many minutes you spent on it, then scroll down a bit more and click the "calculate" button. MFP's exercise calculator only has hatha yoga, which is stretching. I find Health Status's calculator is a bit more accurate too, since it makes you put in your weight.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Thanks for the link!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I went to Health Status, and it calculated about 133 burned calories. Sounds pretty good to me! Thanks again, everyone!
  • cassaliz
    cassaliz Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • meleah12
    Options
    I found an app on iPhone called Calorie Burned,
    It was free and it had the Jillian michaels videos in it and you enter your weight and time and
    the it works great!
  • Azaelia11
    Options
    im so excited to try this!! it looks like a great workout, and to know that it burns 133 cals, i'm pretty happy about it haha
  • gagajenks
    gagajenks Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just did level 1 Yoga meltdown for the first time and loved it. I dont have a HRM so used http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc to calculate calories burned. :)