Any women over 45 looking to connect?

Options
13»

Replies

• texastumbleweed1
    Options
    I am 45, been on here for a short time. The people on this site are wonderful, very supportive, and helpful. My deal is some weeks I'm all for it, exercising, eating right then there are those weeks just want to sit and eat. I think once you get going its easier, and with friends to kick you in the butt you'll be fine. So add me. :drinker:
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    46 here and willing to help, cause I am struggling also. Damn Hormones !!!

Feel free to add me. :heart: :smile:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    i'm "49 and holding" (till feb.), i too am an emotional eater. feel free to add me as a friend too. i really welcome the "kicks in the butt" - that keeps me on track and i love to give out support.

This is also me, except I get to turn 50 in May. Happy to have friends of similar outlook.:smile:
  • juliep64
    Options
    Hi, I too am over 45 and find it difficult to lose weight. Sometimes I'm very good and other times I'm not so good at all. I've just decided to join the myfitnesspal to see if that motivates me so I can see what I've eaten and how much exercise I've done - when I do some. So here goes, Im hoping that I'm going to be feeling better about myself in a few weeks time when i'm several pounds lighter. Good luck to you too.
  • Milliebear66
    Milliebear66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to here too, I am 45 years old and I live in Hertfordshire UK, I stumbled on this site through my phone and joined, I think it a fab way to track what I eat each day as I was manually writing everything down.
    I haven't really looked around much on the discussion boards but I am a loking forward to doing so.
    I am a single parent, and I work full time, please feel free to add me :)
  • Katbones
    Options
    I just joined this site yesterday. I'm 51 & would love some friends!
  • look1angel
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I'm 51 yrs young, 4 pregnancies, last one was at 42 yrs old. I've always been on the thin side but have found at my age the belly fat is here & hopefully not to stay. I've not gone through menopause yet & based on what my mom has told me I may not even notice. I'm 5'5" 133lbs & hate exercising! I will however begin walking 20 mins every other day & I lift 5lb weights 3x a week to help with my arms. I am in contact with a weight trainer who swears it's what we eat in our daily calorie intake & not so much the exercise, although, she says exercising is the added benifit to look good. So here I am trying out this calorie tracker. I just want to lose the middle fat without having to go see a plastic surgeon. I don't smoke or drink (sometimes a Miller lite maybe 2x a month) I love everything chocolate...everything! My friend has asked me to try a drink called Body by Vi for 90 days & swears I'll lose the weight...we'll see. And, I also have a son-in-law who is a reg. dietician so wish me luck.

There, I've said alot. I wish for all of you to end up healthy & in the dream shape you so desire...WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!
  • Catherine0205
    Options
    Yes, I just started, and I would like to have some friends to share this journey. I need to lose 25-30 lbs, and it is so hard to go it alone.
  • Catherine0205
    Options
    I'll be your friend!
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I've never really had weight issues until I hit my mid 40's. I quit smoking in 2009 and gained about 10 pounds from that. I was doing well with the food tracking and working out but then fell off the wagon a few weeks ago. Seems I lose and gain the same 4 to 5 pounds. It's frustrating. I can use all the help I can get and would love to return the favor! :)
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. and lost lcost to 20 lbs here. Exercise for me isn't what it used to be.
  • ladyshine2011
    Options
    Bumpity -- :) Back on the bandwagon here! Looking to keep the motivation going!
  • SarahRenoBaker
    Options
    I'm not 45...I'm 41. I will take all the support I can get! :heart: