Any breakfast cereal recommendations?

Options
12346»

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I plan ahead and make something on Sunday that i would grab all week. One week it may be a big pot of steel cut oats made in the crock pot, just grab a cup for work and heat in the microwave. Or i will make healthy muffins and bring one or two. I also bring a hard boiled egg and a banana every morning.

I use to bring a bag of cheerios or something like that but it doesn't seem as natural anymore and it doesn't hold me over as long as the breakfasts i make now.
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Looking for easy and quick ??? Hard boil some eggs on Sunday and enjoy one each morning with a cup of steel oats and fresh berries ! Quick, easy and SUPER healthy ! Just sayin'

I also recommend the hard boiled eggs. I usually boil them sunday night as well, and then I have an egg for each morning ready to go!
  • rcowling
    Options
    breakfast cereals are so high in sugar, I challenge you to find one with sugar that is not in the top 3 ingredients. Thus we have switched to oatmeal. 1/4 cup quick oats, 1/4 cup slow oats, mixed in a bowl with a handful of blueberries or raspberries and flooded with 1% milk. Microwave for 90 seconds. High in fiber, high in protein and it keeps me satisfied until lunch. plus its a nice warm breccie on a cold day. The slow oats lower the GI which will help keep you full and your insulin levels more even which keeps your energy levels more stable.
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have you considered making your own? There are lots of good cereal recipes out there (mostly granola) where you can control what goes in to your cereal box. It can take a little time assembling ingredients and/or making it at home, but on a good note you can make huge portions of it. My 9yo daughter has a go-to granola recipe that she loves, but she likes to tweak the dried fruits in it. (Less blueberries, more mangoes.)

Just want to say Kudos to your 9 year old daughter making her own granola!! That's pretty sweet and I wish I would have been cool enough to do that at her age :) Can you share the recipe?
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Kashi Honey Alomond and Flax LOVE this one and helps keep you ... ahem... regular!