I'm confused -Daily net goal

Options
Hi All
I have just started and the system calculated the following:
Daily net calorie goal: 3,450

Now I am a bit confused because with all previous diets etc, I was always under the impression that I need to consume around 1500 -1700 calories to lose weight.

How does this work? What is the " Daily net goal"?

Thanks
michelle

Replies

• Lookgreat
    Lookgreat Posts: 63
    Options
    Net Cal goal - 3450 - too high - there must have been an error in entering something.

I had recommended this site to my sister - she said the same thing after registering that the net cal goal is coming around 3000 - I hope it is not a system error.
    Recheck the height , weight entered and activity level. Net goal is usually around 1200 -1500 .
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    What did you put in as your activity level? It asks you whether you are sedentary, active, very active, etc . . . this assessment should be your activity level BEFORE exercise, because you will track any exercise separately. If you put in you are Very Active that might increase your net cals . . . most sedentary or lightly active folks are going to be in the 1200-1700 range.
  • gtimmons
    gtimmons Posts: 1
    Options
    Check what you put in as your goal. I made a mistake and checked that I wanted to gain 5lbs...I just wasn't paying attention...and it had my calories at about 2300. That might be the issue.
  • Michellejhowell
    Options
    Thanks for the help, I checked , the system does not allow for a combination of metric and imperial.
    If my height is in feet then my weight must be in pounds (cant mix and match feet for hight and Kilograms for weight).
    All sorted now:

Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,230 calories/day