So can i eat ANYTHING I want but stay under 1200 and do 30 m

Options
So can i eat ANYTHING I want but stay under 1200 and do 30 minutes of excercise and still lose weight?

Like ill eat healthy and stuff
but have a few unhealthy things like chips or chocolate?

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Exactly! But "unhealthy" things like chocolate will be high in cals, so you're better off eating healthy things, then you can have more of them!! If you're really hungry one day, eat back your exercise cals.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Yup, except if you're doing 30 mins of exercise every day you should be eating more than 1200 calories a day.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You don't want to stay under 1,200. You want a minimum of 1,200 calories a day.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Not sure WHERE you are going to lose anymore weight from but......you should try to eat as healthy as possible if you're only giving your body 1200 calories for fuel. If you have a 1200 calorie goal and you exercise, you should be eating the calories earned from exercise as well. It's ok to have a treat every now and then too, as long as it doesn't take away too many calories that you need for nutritious food.
  • lpatterson327
    Options
    yep, ya learn real quick that the dollar menu...although cheap, puts you very near your total calories for the day, you are still hungry later, and its hell to burn them off. not to mention the sodium sugar etc, i had a WTF moment when i logged in mcdonalds one day, havnt touched it since
  • Snubbleup
    Options
    Yes, it will work. Goodies in moderation are still fine, but after a while you'll find that you are okay with substituting those cookies or chips with something healthier (my new fav is greek yogurt with honey).
  • edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    if that is you in your profile pic...i don't think it's a good idea to lose weight
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just been focusing on eating the healthy foods and cutting the unhealthy foods as much as possible....
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Yea, but it's in your best interest to choose more nutritious options, for fullness and health reasons. But there is nothing wrong with occasional treats.
  • JoJoBaldwin
    Options
    Sorry if I'm being a bit personal or judgemental - but if that photo is of you as you currenty are then.... do you really need to lose any weight? I know even skinny people have bits of their body they don't like, but there's not much left of you! Maybe concentrate on strengthening/toning?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Profile pics don't have to be of the person posting.

But a profile which indicates that they are 16 (when there is a minimum age of 18 on MFP), and also that their primary motivation is to make someone else jealous....
  • Helen_Sarah_MADD
    Options
    Its not me, i just use it to motivate me :)
    Thanks for your answers. Great help :)
    Love you all.
  • littlebean24
    Options
    You want to eat a minimum of 1200 since you plan on working out everyday, especially if it is going to be an intense work out. But yes, you can still have chocolate or fatty foods you crave sometimes. If that is you in the profile pic I don't think you need to lose weight though, more like maintain and maybe tone up.
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can but just remember to keep your fat levels in check too. It's easy to go over in fat but still have a few calories left when you're eating junky foods... trust me!
  • califigureeight
    Options

But a profile which indicates that they are 16 (when there is a minimum age of 18 on MFP), and also that their primary motivation is to make someone else jealous....

Her profile is full of red flags!
  • Helen_Sarah_MADD
    Options
    The profile pic isnt me!.
    If you go through all of my pictures you will see that theres all types of girls with good bodies.
    When i feel like eating, i look at those pictures and i dont feel like eating anymore.
    I'm not a troll or anything.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Her profile is full of red flags!

I agree. The job as a model with the friend just makes me SMH. I think it's great that you like doing those kind of things but if your goal is to be "model skinny" and your friend is your inspiration and she wants to be the skinniest ever for her wedding.... what you need to be is HEALTHY. Being "model skinny" is not always healthy. I saw the age 16 thing too... I hope you are taking care of yourself.
  • Helen_Sarah_MADD
    Options
    I meant to write 18. I didnt realise.
    Sorry.
    We're having our year 12 formal soon and i really want to get slim.
    Also my friend is engaged and will probably be getting married in a few years :)
  • fldeltona
    fldeltona Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is important to set a long term goal, that promotes overall health. To do that you need the right combination of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, etc. You need to maintain that lifestyle forever. Nothing wrong with cheating on occassion, just to enjoy the bad stuff, but that should not be a part of your regular diet ( i.e. 1200 calories of cupcakes, pizza, and donuts). You will not have all
    of the nutrients that you need. I also love to eat and have found that I can put a lot more veggies on my plate and get the same
    caloric intake as a small piece of pizza, so that is what I try and do.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I meant to write 18. I didnt realise.
    Sorry.
    We're having our year 12 formal soon and i really want to get slim.
    Also my friend is engaged and will probably be getting married in a few years :)
    Do yourself a favour and look into your BMI. I see you've got 10kgs to lose according to you, but you may re-evaluate that after checking your BMI. I don't normally advocate it, but it works for people that just want to lose weight without regard for fitness - if only to show you when you're getting dangerously thin. I appreciate those pics aren't of you, but the woman you have as your avatar looks unhealthy to me; unless she's just made that way, eating yourself that slim is normally not great for your long term health.

Consider toning up rather than trying to lose if you find yourself in Underweight or near it on a BMI scale.