Gong to Vegas

Options
2»

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    If you want a great (custom made) sub sandwich for a light lunch one day, try the deli on Fremont street. It's a little mom and pop shop-we heard rave reviews about it all over town, so we had to try it. Their subs are delicious! I think it's called family deli. It's right next to a delicious Cuban restaurant on the slightly seedy end of Fremont. Don't walk there alone after dark. :laugh:

I prefer Fremont street to the strip. It has an old fashioned charm to it, you don't see as many strung out zombie people at 5a.m., and I like the Golden Nugget's shark filled 'Dive Pool'.

This:) Yes Yes Yes and more Yes's awesome area of Vegas! We going back in December for my 40th and staying the Golden Nugget, cannot wait!!!

The Plaza had a Rat Pack tribute show last time I went. I don't know if they are still doing it, but i'm *dying* to go see it!!! A little tiny glimpse of the Vegas my grandparents knew and loved. :heart:

December will be our 7th time out there and we've never done a show! Criminal really of all places to go and not do it, we always seem to get caught up in other things and distractions on the strip. We will def be doing a show this time- only problem there's so many to choose from!

What a fun thing to plan! It's way past time that you all saw a good Vegas show! :happy:
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    If you want a great (custom made) sub sandwich for a light lunch one day, try the deli on Fremont street. It's a little mom and pop shop-we heard rave reviews about it all over town, so we had to try it. Their subs are delicious! I think it's called family deli. It's right next to a delicious Cuban restaurant on the slightly seedy end of Fremont. Don't walk there alone after dark. :laugh:

I prefer Fremont street to the strip. It has an old fashioned charm to it, you don't see as many strung out zombie people at 5a.m., and I like the Golden Nugget's shark filled 'Dive Pool'.
    [/qu

This:) Yes Yes Yes and more Yes's awesome area of Vegas! We going back in December for my 40th and staying the Golden Nugget, cannot wait!!!

The Plaza had a Rat Pack tribute show last time I went. I don't know if they are still doing it, but i'm *dying* to go see it!!! A little tiny glimpse of the Vegas my grandparents knew and loved. :heart:

December will be our 7th time out there and we've never done a show! Criminal really of all places to go and not do it, we always seem to get caught up in other things and distractions on the strip. We will def be doing a show this time- only problem there's so many to choose from!

What a fun thing to plan! It's way past time that you all saw a good Vegas show! :happy:

Seriously we say it every time but this time we are going to check some out and book before we leave the UK so that way we have to make the time and not get distracted by the bright lights hahaha
  • ishallnotwant
    Options

[/qu

Seriously we say it every time but this time we are going to check some out and book before we leave the UK so that way we have to make the time and not get distracted by the bright lights hahaha

Excellent idea! Wow, I didn't know you were going all the way from the UK! When we go it's about a 5 hour drive from our house! lol!!
  • stuey39
    Options

[/qu

Excellent idea! Wow, I didn't know you were going all the way from the UK! When we go it's about a 5 hour drive from our house! lol!!

Last time out from leaving the hotel to arriving home 28 hours with flight changes etc! but worth every minute, nothing could ever put me off the place, I love it out there!
  • ishallnotwant
    Options

[/qu

Last time out from leaving the hotel to arriving home 28 hours with flight changes etc! but worth every minute, nothing could ever put me off the place, I love it out there!

Oh, wow! The travel time alone sounds exhausting lol! Vegas is so fun, though!
  • stuey39
    Options

[/qu

Oh, wow! The travel time alone sounds exhausting lol! Vegas is so fun, though!

Yup it most definately is and amen to the exhaustion! Long may it continue! haha, it's been nice chatting to you, keep the dream alive in the good old US of A!!!
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We went away for the weekend a few days after I *really* started my program. The night before I left, I pre-packaged (in proper portions) my breakfast, morning snack, lunch, and afternoon and evening snacks. We ate out for dinner, but went to a "make your own" stir fry place which allowed me to control what I was taking in. I did allow myself a couple of treats in the way of adult bevvys, but all things considered, I feel I was able to manage extremely well.
    Vegas is very similar. We are there a few times a year and there is no shortage of places to eat, so look into places where you can design your own plate -- or go to a buffet and control your portions and selections.
    Good luck & win big :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Personally when I go on holiday its one week a year and I eat what I want? Don't think I go as crazy as I would have done at one time, because the healthier you is in the back of your head. Just enjoy the holiday is my advice if I'm honest lol x
  • bluenightfires
    Options
    Thanks for all th good advice it really helps to have people there to encourage me