Im new and need some enouragement!

Options
Hey, Im Jodie, im 28, and some how managed to put 12lbs on to my highest weight and i need to lose it big style. Im 212lbs and want to be 150lbs. This is the heaviest and fattest I have ever been and im unhappy.

Ive signed up to the Great North Run (26km) and ive never run before. Im starting training tomorrow, and im starting eating properly too.

This needs to be a way of life, not a way of fat and feeling disgusting.

Could do with some friends and support, ill help you and you can help me... We can be slim together... 2lbs a week by the summer is like a realistic goal surely... 5.5 months - 20 weeks ish, thats 40 lbs... and this time im going to crack it...

Whos with me?

Jodie xxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I will be happy to support you. I am nearing the end of my weight loss but plan on staying on MFP as I tone up and get stronger. Send me a request if you would like.
  • wcournoyer
    Options
    Hey Jodie
    My name is Bill and I also am new at this, been up and down with my weight for the past 10 years. A few guys at work here got me into the web site and it works pretty good so far been doing it for a week and dropped 5 pounds, good luck with you run training.
  • getfit4u89
    Options
    I am here to support you if you'd like :) Good luck on your weightloss journey!
  • JamieOhh
    Options
    Hi Jodie! Im new to this too, but as an already avid runner I have to say YOU CAN DO IT! it just takes time and perseverance!!
    I'm on day 3 of MFP, so i can relate to how you are feeling. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hiya jodie, i've been on mfp for a while but only in the last 6 weeks have i really started to see this as a new lifestyle! if i can do it, you can do it. i'll add you and we can encourage each other! :D xxx
  • mossimos_mommy
    mossimos_mommy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just started myfitnesspal on the 9th but i have been dieting for 3 weeks today!! As long as you set your goals and want it bad enough nothing will stop you! I got married last April and coming up on our 1 year I have gained like 15lbs since our wedding! I just put my foot down on Jan 22nd and said im done!! I will get back into shape and stop eating out all the time! Now i have a food plan and excersice plan that even after 3 weeks im just getting used too but I had my 3 week weigh in this morning and im down 7.9lbs!! Im dertermined and as long as you have that positive outlook and want it bad enough, you won't let any hurdles stop you! You will feel better just by eating better and working out...even if you aren't losing weight it is just a nice life change!! Hope we can be friends and I will be glad to be ur support buddy! Good luck!!!! You will do great!!

Steph
  • marfitness
    Options
    Hello Jodie! My name is Marra, and I am just just getting started too. I joined in Dec, but I haven't used the site before today. I too am going to work towards losing 2 lbs a week until I am at my goal weight. I am 5'2" and 163lbs, and I need to be around 135 -145 for work so I would love to be online partners on this weight loss journey!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Jodie!

I " got the picture " when I hit 203.. I just stared at the scale in horror. I want to be 150 too ( at least, I'm aiming for 150. If I want, I might go down to 140 )

Feel free to add me. ( and everyone else, YOU TOO! )

I've lost 10 pounds this month and I have to say... I like MFP better than Facebook OR pinterest.
  • ladyshills
    Options
    Hi Jodie, I'm not "new" here but today is my first day back in about 3 months. I lost a total of 30 pounds last year- have gained about 15 of them back. I too am starting to run (as of today)... I'm doing "The couch to 5k" plan. I also just quit smoking 10 weeks ago so that helped to bring back some of the weight. Add me if you like & good luck!
  • mossimos_mommy
    mossimos_mommy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Marra!

Im 5'1 and started at 163.3 lbs three weeks ago....im down 7.9 lbs!! Just started MFP a couple days ago but have been dieting for 3 weeks today! We have the same goals and I wish you the best of luck! My goal weight is 135-130! Good luck!!!!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im Jodie, im 28, and some how managed to put 12lbs on to my highest weight and i need to lose it big style. Im 212lbs and want to be 150lbs. This is the heaviest and fattest I have ever been and im unhappy.

Ive signed up to the Great North Run (26km) and ive never run before. Im starting training tomorrow, and im starting eating properly too.

This needs to be a way of life, not a way of fat and feeling disgusting.

Could do with some friends and support, ill help you and you can help me... We can be slim together... 2lbs a week by the summer is like a realistic goal surely... 5.5 months - 20 weeks ish, thats 40 lbs... and this time im going to crack it...

Whos with me?

Jodie xxxxxxxxxxxx

I started at 207lbs and want to get down to 149lbs.

I am doing the Race For Life in May and the Great North Run next year with a friend, I wanted to do it this year but due to commitments I can't get back over to England at the time of the event.

Good luck, I hope you reach your goals ready for the race.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi Jodie, I'm not "new" here but today is my first day back in about 3 months. I lost a total of 30 pounds last year- have gained about 15 of them back. I too am starting to run (as of today)... I'm doing "The couch to 5k" plan. I also just quit smoking 10 weeks ago so that helped to bring back some of the weight. Add me if you like & good luck!

Thursday will be three months since I quit. I realised that if I can quit smoking, I can quit other things too. Good luck and happy 10 weeks.
  • runningoncinshine
    runningoncinshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!

~Cindy Lou
    www.facebook.com/abetteryou2012
  • ELIZACAY236
    ELIZACAY236 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am also new here. Been at it for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost about 10 lbs. I love this site and I'm on it all the time reading motivational stories and browsing through all the forums. You couldn't be in a better place. Good luck on your journey!
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wishing you loook! Feel free to add me!
  • cragglecat
    cragglecat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss - feel free to add me if you like.