Insanity Suggestions.

Options
Hey All :) So, I've been walking, dieting and so far been doing a pretty good job with keeping under calorie goal. I've noticed that I can walk at even a more better, faster pace, and can somewhat keep up with a jog every now and then. I've lost a few pounds (thank god ^_^) but I would definitely love it if I can see even more results; as in physically.

An acquaintance of mine has been doing insanity. And boy, do I see results! But, I really don't know that person well, and didn't get to ask how long she's been on the program and if it's as hard core as I think it is.

So, my question is this, has anyone on here ever tried or is currently doing Shaun T's Insanity Program?

If yes, How is it? And is it worth the $100 plus that I may be spending?

Replies

• cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    My oppinion - it's a great workout. I'm on my second round. But it's not for someone who is just getting back into fitness. There are a number of moves that are hard on your knees. Having said that, if you think you're up for it - try it! Don't be afraid to go slower/modify the moves.
    Good Luck!
  • ningggsm
    ningggsm Posts: 202
    Options
    thank you :) i'm been reading reviews about it, and it seems hella' legit. i think i'll save me some bills and perhaps purchase this thing. good luck to you too!
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ive done 1 round of Insanity and am doing P90x Insanity hybrid right now. Insanity isn't for the faint of heart! If your not ready for it mentally, wait until you are. The warm up itself is a workout for most.

I started my first round in bad physical condition. I had to take brakes and there were moves I couldnt do. I did the best until I was able to do them. I still have to do girl pushups but Im still in the 170's and can only do 12 regular pushups in good form. Anyway, its brutal, mentally brutal and it will having you max your heart rate out in the warm up alone. And once you think your getting better....month 2! But the workout is on point! I lost 18lbs in just over 2 months. My wind went from crap to great! For me I felt that I was lacking muscle in my back and tought a hybrid was my next move. Im getting great results. Good luck whatever you choose!
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i love insanity! that being said, it's hard as nails. but SO much fun!

concentrate on good form first, over speed - it'll still be tough. you will get so much stronger! if you have knee issues, be cautious and make sure you're not jumping up and down and throwing that weight all on your knees, because they will start to ache.

i've completed one round of insanity and one round of a p90x/insanity hybrid and my body has changed so much :D it's amazing! and shaun t. is freaking sexy, which doesn't hurt at all ;)
  • ningggsm
    Options
    I think I am going to try it, thank you all so much for sharing :) And yes @Tamstar, he is hella' sexy. Although sometimes, I do see him coming off a little feminine. I've been doing his hiphop abs, and he is definitely a cutie. I know hiphop abs is not even close compared to insanity. Seems like something I should get myself into. Again, thank you all!
  • cansmith80
    Options
    I think I am going to try it, thank you all so much for sharing :) And yes @Tamstar, he is hella' sexy. Although sometimes, I do see him coming off a little feminine. I've been doing his hiphop abs, and he is definitely a cutie. I know hiphop abs is not even close compared to insanity. Seems like something I should get myself into. Again, thank you all!

I start my second week of Insanity tomorrow. I agree with all of the posts above. Today is my rest day, and boy, did I need it. It is very important to concentrate on form instead of speed and Shaun T will tell you this many, many times during the work out. Go for it girl! It is most definitely worth $100.00. I look forward to posting my results. Oh, and btw, a friend of mine broke my heart and told me Shaun T is gay. It doesn't matter though, he is still beautiful :tongue:
  • ningggsm
    Options
    I start my second week of Insanity tomorrow. I agree with all of the posts above. Today is my rest day, and boy, did I need it. It is very important to concentrate on form instead of speed and Shaun T will tell you this many, many times during the work out. Go for it girl! It is most definitely worth $100.00. I look forward to posting my results. Oh, and btw, a friend of mine broke my heart and told me Shaun T is gay. It doesn't matter though, he is still beautiful :tongue:

Gay or not, he is very beautiful :) Haha. Thanks so much @cansmith, I just needed that 'it's worth the $100' for me to actually go and purchase the thing. Lol. At first, I was like, damn... that's a lot of money for something I don't know will work or not. But so far I've been reading a lot of reviews saying that results are amazing. Good luck with Insanity to all :) And yes, I'd love to see before and after pictures! Have a great rest of the weekend!
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh, just a quick note....make sure and do several calve streches everytime after your workout! You calves will be screaming and they will thank you for streching them :)
  • MariarR33
    Options
    Insanity is great. I started Month 2 today and I love it. It will get you in great shape. Just remember to go at your own pace and focus on form. The speed will come next. By the second week,you will love it! Good luck!
  • DayDreamer78
    DayDreamer78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 7 of Insanity. I'n not in the best starting shape, and I definitly end up sucking air through every pore in my body. But I'm doing it. My Insanity Suggestion, do it everyday, and do your best, even if you have to stop and rest. And wear a heart rate monitor!