i <3 chia seeds!

Options
2»

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    When I read the title I thought Wha-HUH? But now that I understand what they are I think I may give it a go. Sounds interesting. Thanx.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My doctor is actually the person who turned me on to chia seeds, so that says something about their nutritional value!
    Putting them in smoothies does help me stay fuller longer. My ultimate favorite, however, is chia seed pudding! Add 2 T chia seeds with 1/2 cup milk of any kind (I tend to use almond milk). Let the chia seeds expand for a few hours, mix in a little stevia or honey, unsweetened shredded coconut, and vanilla or almond extract - YUM!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have them as a tapioca oatmeal most mornings. I mix 3 tbsp chia with 1 cup almond milk, a handful of raw sunflower seeds, a handful of hemp seeds, a handful of cranberries or goji berries and a little agave. It's a great 'raw' oatmeal :)
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    Never herd of them... but I want to try them now.
  • ellenrose25
    Options
    My doctor is actually the person who turned me on to chia seeds, so that says something about their nutritional value!
    Putting them in smoothies does help me stay fuller longer. My ultimate favorite, however, is chia seed pudding! Add 2 T chia seeds with 1/2 cup milk of any kind (I tend to use almond milk). Let the chia seeds expand for a few hours, mix in a little stevia or honey, unsweetened shredded coconut, and vanilla or almond extract - YUM!

i need to try this!! i have all of those ingredients :)
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    This makes me want to try them. They sound great!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I need to find these and give it a go.
    Thanks
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love them! I put them in my yogurt or sometimes I just take a tbsp with lots of h2o. I think they are about 60 cals per tbsp...do you all agree with this???
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    has anyone else tried them? they're known to expand in one's stomach and fill you up more if you sprinkle them on food. just ate a salad with them! you can bake with them and everything.

has anyone had success with weight loss after adding chia to their diet?
    Yes, and the result was....

Oh Boy!
    How shall I put this?

...like passing a football!

hahahaha uh oh. seriously?
    It might have been something else - who knows?
    If nobody else has experienced that, then I just made a total fool of myself.
    Oh well......
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom loves these! And she said they really do work (:
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I JUST BOUGHT SOME!!!
  • XOchocolate
    Options
    Just tried to post a reply below...arggggg...such a newbie at this....no you didn't make a fool out of yourself ...totally agree with your statement...they really clean out your system;)
  • Joyja1075
    Joyja1075 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have never tried them but i have been on PGX for three weeks now which is essentially chia seeds in a pill form or granules. Works wonder, I call it my will power in a pill. It expands in the stomach (u have to drink lots of water though) and it slows down digestions and help the body absorb the food slower. It really helps to stabilize your blood sugar, which in turn helps reduce craving.
  • mbww
    mbww Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to chia seeds! My favorite way to eat them is in the fresh grapefruit cups - YUM. A friend of mine that told me about them is a runner and said it helps her to stay hydrated. She also drinks them on the golf course in green tea. I have yet to find a bad thing said about them....
  • ellenrose25
    Options
    I love them! I put them in my yogurt or sometimes I just take a tbsp with lots of h2o. I think they are about 60 cals per tbsp...do you all agree with this???

yep i'd say 40-60. i can't remember what my package says.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to find them. I guess I will have to keep looking!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOVE them...mine right now say 60 cals per tbsp. I did order 2 packages of organic chia on amazon with a subscibe and save for an amazing price. you can find some really good deals if you look around.
    I make my own energy gel for running with them, use them in oatmeal and my breakfast smoothie, i will eat them straight from the jar, i have even sprinkled them on my egg whites with some parm cheese. the only thing that can get annoying is they casn get stuck in your gum line, so check your teeth before heading out the door :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    for those who havent found them it is the first ingredient in Dragons Blend Holy Crap and Skinny B cereal. I have it every day in my cereal. Had no idea it was healthy or filling. Whats healthy about it?