Options
    My friend is a model.
    I want to get into modeling with her.
    I need to lose 10kg.
    I am overweight
    im not massive but i am chubby.
    I dont have any problems with my body.
    I know i am not slim for a fact.
    If you want, ill upload pics to provie it too you.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My friend is a model.
    I want to get into modeling with her.
    I need to lose 10kg.
    I am overweight
    im not massive but i am chubby.
    I dont have any problems with my body.
    I know i am not slim for a fact.
    If you want, ill upload pics to provie it too you.
    Absolutely no need, but I've seen too many young women on here with eating disorders and body issues, so I'm only trying to help. I take you at your word.
  • Helen_Sarah_MADD
    Options
    Thank you
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Theoretically yes.

In practice though the vast bulk of your diet, unless you are planning on starving yourself, will need to come from whole, fresh foods like fruit, vegetables, lean meat, fish, eggs and so on. They provide more bang for your buck as they are high in nutrients but lower in calories so you can eat more of them.

1,200 calories doesn't give you a huge amount of wiggle room to meet your nutrition goals to stay healthy and eat junk.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    So can i eat ANYTHING I want but stay under 1200 and do 30 minutes of excercise and still lose weight?

Like ill eat healthy and stuff
    but have a few unhealthy things like chips or chocolate?
    Yes, that will work just fine, depending on your weight and height you would even lose weight if you ate more than 1200 calories if you're exercising hard.

However, on a day when you decide to eat a whole bar of chocolate, you may also end up deciding that it's best to eat more calories overall on that day so you don't end up feeling incredibly hungry - and ending up eating everything in sight! <--- Voice of experience :bigsmile:
  • tcleeton
    Options
    Exactly! But "unhealthy" things like chocolate will be high in cals, so you're better off eating healthy things, then you can have more of them!! If you're really hungry one day, eat back your exercise cals.

Actually, Chocolate (Cocoa) is very healthy. It is calorie dense, but there are a lot of good reasons to eat it. Milk Chocolate does destroy a lot of that benefit.... so when you indulge, do so in dark chocolate with a high percentage of Cocoa.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Exactly! But "unhealthy" things like chocolate will be high in cals, so you're better off eating healthy things, then you can have more of them!! If you're really hungry one day, eat back your exercise cals.

Actually, Chocolate (Cocoa) is very healthy. It is calorie dense, but there are a lot of good reasons to eat it. Milk Chocolate does destroy a lot of that benefit.... so when you indulge, do so in dark chocolate with a high percentage of Cocoa.
    Chocolate with a high % of cocoa solids also has the great advantage of being more satisfying, so you don't need much of it. :smile:

However a lot of members on here are from America and typically eat "chocolate" which has such a high sugar content and such a low % of cocoa solids that it should be called "chocolate flavour sugar" :bigsmile:
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My answer would be YES but nor for a long period of time. Weeks and maybe couple of months and then you have to take care of the macros. You need the correct nutrients.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I'm actually curious about seeing your real pictures. For you to admire the pics in your profile...I just wonder.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Yup just eat 1200 net with exercise (this means calculating your exercise calories and eating them back) and bingo... you should lose weight! :) for me it didnt matter what i ate as long as i was on target for net calories, worked for me anyway
  • xcheshirecat
    xcheshirecat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    not in an healthy way : in 30 minutes you won't get the bad mc donald fat. It's not only about how many calories you eat but about what you eat too. You can have "bad snacks" sometimes. but for 1 subway cookie, you'll need 1 hours of hard exercice

If you eat those bad stuff, there won't be calories available for that good stuff
    If your body don't get what it needs, it will try to keep as much weight as possible

The best is to find healthy alternative to what you want to eat:
    horse meat hamburger with alot of vegetables instead of fries for example

I make myself dark chocolate deserts when I need sugar. Or eat fruits.

Your body has needs, it's not only about your weight

And at some point you'll get fatigue and stress, will slow you in your exercice
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Profile pics don't have to be of the person posting.

But a profile which indicates that they are 16 (when there is a minimum age of 18 on MFP), and also that their primary motivation is to make someone else jealous....

Her profile is full of red flags!

Yes, it is. Her goals are disturbing to me and I believe she is underage for the rules of MFP.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This thread is very concerning. 1) her friend Sarah wants to lose 20 kg, so apparently she isn't that thin or is trying to become dangerously thin, 2) she says she wants to become a model but her friends profile says that they both ARE models.

Reading both profiles together, I get the feeling we are dealing with underage girls who are looking to loose a dangerous amount of weight. I too see many red flags here, esp. along with her friends profile.

JMHO
  • pmendes1968
    Options
    I just started, so can I ask have you eaten your exercise calories back on a normal day???
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    This thread is very concerning. 1) her friend Sarah wants to lose 20 kg, so apparently she isn't that thin or is trying to become dangerously thin, 2) she says she wants to become a model but her friends profile says that they both ARE models.

Reading both profiles together, I get the feeling we are dealing with underage girls who are looking to loose a dangerous amount of weight. I too see many red flags here, esp. along with her friends profile.

JMHO

I agree!! No 18 year old that I know of anyway would be putting things like "So I can do_____ with Sarah" Thats the only thing thats realy concerning me.why are you doing this for Sarah? Do this for you so you can be healthier. You say you are 18 but its just not adding up to me. I don't mean to say you are lying.
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't think any of us need to be making judgments about her profile. It's all fine and well to give advice and remind her about healthy goals and eating but none of us should be judging her reasons for wanting to lose weight or making assumptions about her age. I know what MFP's rules are on the subject, but if they're concerned a moderator or owner can look into the situation. Otherwise, we shouldn't be judging her or her desires. We don't know her situation so we can't make judgments about her weight loss goals, and no one should be judging her reasons for wanting to lose weight. Saying it's dumb to lose weight so she can be a successful model is kind of like saying it's dumb to study so you can be a successful doctor. Saying that some models are underweight and to be aware of what a healthy weight for her is helpful; judging her desires isn't.

Just something to remind you all that while she asked for our advice, she didn't ask for our judgment, and no one should be trolling her profile and debating how old she is. It's not our business.