Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

June Starters - Monday Weigh In

Replies

• Sparklene
    Sparklene Posts: 38 Member
    I was pumped this morning to note I was down to 154, a one-pound loss. Alas, when I looked on my reports, I realized I was 154 the last two weeks, albeit not on Mondays. I just logged it when I thought I had lost something, I guess. But I've wobbled from155 up to 156 all week which is why I thought 154 was a new low. Was all psyched to say I'd lost a pound this week, but I do feel skinny, my clothes are beginning to really fall off, and several, not one but several, people have commented that I look skinny. So I'll take that and try for 153 this week.
  • sibetsimo
    sibetsimo Posts: 39
    Starting weight: 121
    Weight last week: 118
    Current weight: 116.5 !!!!!

Goal: 110

Let's see how this goes!
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    OOPS! I had a "bad" weekend :blushing: actually, I had a GREAT weekend, I just ate a lot! lol!

I usually weigh in on wednesday mornings to give myself a buffer from the weekend so I think I'll recheck on wednesday, just to see. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight! phew! BTW, alcohol has SO MANY CALORIES! I'm sure we all already knew that, but when you have to log it, it really opens the eyes!

SW: 164
    CW: 161...still
    GW: 144-ish, I haven't seen the 40s since highschool, so I'll be ecstatic to be 149!
    mini-goal: 154 by my bday, August 1st.

QUESTION: I keep seeing people talk about losing 5 lbs, 4lbs, sometimes even 7lbs in the first couple weeks! HOw come that didn't happen to me! :sad:
    Also- do you guys think my mini goal is do-able?!?? I just kind made it up, but that's another 7 pounds to lose in basically five weeks and at the rate I'm going...I don't know if I'm gonna make it!!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Woo hoo!

SW: 214
    Last week: 210
    Today: 207

Down 3 lbs since last week. YAY! :bigsmile:
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    QUESTION: I keep seeing people talk about losing 5 lbs, 4lbs, sometimes even 7lbs in the first couple weeks!

Becasue we have SOOOO much more then you to lose! I lost like 8 lbs my first week but I need to lose 44lbs to even get where you are at the moment! The more to lose the quicker it goes in teh begining.
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Hi gals!:flowerforyou:

have lost this 3 times so I am making it short

SW 200
    CW 200
    GW 169
    mini goal 195 by 7/1

Starting the Curves weight management plan today so am anxious to see what happens as it is a totally new approach!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Everyone is doing great. Even those who didn't lose but don't usually weigh in on Mondays feel proud. It is one thing to compare a Monday to Monday weigh in from now on, since it is a true week, but don't compare if you normally weigh in Wed (or for me Fridays) it isn't a full week, and you made it through the weekend. last Monday I was 3 lbs heavier than the Friday previous. Now Monday to Monday is easier on my ego in the long run I think.

Did that make sense to anyone but me?

Oh well, keep on truckin' . I think we are all doing great. the sustainable weight loss takes longer. :wink:
  • jenaranda
    jenaranda Posts: 32
    Hello

SW: 182.4
    weight today 181 (not much :embarassed: )
    GW: 150

Goal this week: drink my 8 glasses of water

Have a great week everyone
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Hi everyone, I was seriously bored at work today so I've started a chart, kind of like the blue team, with % lost and change etc on excel. I should have it finished by tomorrow and then I'll figure out a way to post it.
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Hi everyone, I was seriously bored at work today so I've started a chart, kind of like the blue team, with % lost and change etc on excel. I should have it finished by tomorrow and then I'll figure out a way to post it.

Wow Meags, that's awesome! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • I lose 4 lbs last week but for 2 weeks I did not get the scale to move down so I'm very happy.
    SW 180
    CW 171
    GW 130 or size 10P
    Mini goal 1 : 160lbs or size 14P by aug 5th
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Way to go everyone!!!! So glad that so many of you weighed in!!! BUT I also noticed that that a WHOLE BUNCH of June starters didn't...:smile:
    Its all good, but weighing in really holds us accountable...and I don't know about you, but I can use all of the accountability I can get!!
    Ok, guys!! Good luck with this next week. THis is my third week, as I know it is for many of you!! Good luck guys! Lets do this thing!!! :happy: :happy: :heart:
  • kandyjo
    Everyone is doing great. Even those who didn't lose but don't usually weigh in on Mondays feel proud. It is one thing to compare a Monday to Monday weigh in from now on, since it is a true week, but don't compare if you normally weigh in Wed (or for me Fridays) it isn't a full week, and you made it through the weekend. last Monday I was 3 lbs heavier than the Friday previous. Now Monday to Monday is easier on my ego in the long run I think.

Did that make sense to anyone but me?

Oh well, keep on truckin' . I think we are all doing great. the sustainable weight loss takes longer. :wink:

I'm totally on the same page with you!!! Made perfect sense!! :smile:
  • kandyjo

You SO TOTALLY ROCK!!!!
  • jess_h_2
    jess_h_2 Posts: 49
    I haven't been at it quite a week yet so I wasn't expecting anything major but here's where i'm at....

SW 260
    CW 258.9
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    OOPS! I had a "bad" weekend :blushing: actually, I had a GREAT weekend, I just ate a lot! lol!

I usually weigh in on wednesday mornings to give myself a buffer from the weekend so I think I'll recheck on wednesday, just to see. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight! phew! BTW, alcohol has SO MANY CALORIES! I'm sure we all already knew that, but when you have to log it, it really opens the eyes!

SW: 164
    CW: 161...still
    GW: 144-ish, I haven't seen the 40s since highschool, so I'll be ecstatic to be 149!
    mini-goal: 154 by my bday, August 1st.

QUESTION: I keep seeing people talk about losing 5 lbs, 4lbs, sometimes even 7lbs in the first couple weeks! HOw come that didn't happen to me! :sad:
    Also- do you guys think my mini goal is do-able?!?? I just kind made it up, but that's another 7 pounds to lose in basically five weeks and at the rate I'm going...I don't know if I'm gonna make it!!!

I know all about the weekends. I was bad :devil: this past weekend! Maybe that is out of my system now and I can move forward! That is my goal this week. I gained a few pounds back. :cry:
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Sorry I posted in the wrong thread!
    My weight last week was 257.2 I weighed yesterday morning at 254.2.
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    OMG!!!! We had a free dinner catered to us here at work. Help! No will power--smell so goood!!! BBQ chicken, cheesy scallop potatoes, bake beans, cole slaw, rolls..........UGGGHHHH!!!!
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    We had catered lunches today at work too. I managed to have to will power to avoid it and I could smell it ... ughhhhh. Keep trying to fight those temptations . We can do it!
  • Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    Hello Ladies!
    Sorry I posted on the wrong thread yesterday. I had only lost one pound yesterday but when I got on the scale this morning I had gained one pound and I ate well yesterday... Not sure what the deal is but it is really getting me down. I am trying to keep it positive and not give up but it's hard.:grumble:
    So here goes:
    SW: 178.5
    6/22/09: 175.5

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!
This discussion has been closed.