The Big Food Group Question!

Options
So i've been reading up on what we should eat and shouldn't. And its a jumble of opinions that are so confusing lol. I think deep inside we all know what we should and should not eat. Such as Eat fresh fruits and veggies instead of canned, use spices instead of sauces (although i have to learn this one). chicken and fish instead of pork and beef. Drink water and milk instead of juice and pop. Tea instead of coffee, etc etc. All of that is kinda obvious right. But what really gets me is grains. i don't know what to do. Does anyone understand what we should be eating when it comes to grains!? I need some clarity For this frustrating yet delicious food group!!

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    When you get to using spices instead of sauces switch to using the food the spices are made of instead of spices lol.

Anyway, I don't really have any comments but BUMP because I want to know also. I find that there's so many preservatives or words I cannot pronounce in most grain foods and I'm not sure what's the best? I've also recently heard some bad things about rice not being a grain anymore because of the processing lol.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You've opened a can of worms!

There's a lot of people that feel very strongly either way.
    Each to their own.
    You will work it out for yourself by experimenting with or without for 30 days.

Search leptin in google .That might help you deicide.
    Good luck!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I do whole grains vs stripped, like 12 grain bread instead of white. I make sure they have a good fiber content and I stick to the proper portion size.
  • jacattak91
    Options
    i stick to whole grains. especially with bread. i really like sara lee's multigrain :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Moved to more appropriate section