Top 10 WORST foods of the year

Options
I recieved an email yesterday that had a list of the top 10 worst foods and I thought I'd pass it along.

1. Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Six Dollar Burger (1,130 calories, 66 g. fat)
2. Pizza Hut Double Deep Pizza (1,160 calories, 72 g. fat)
3. El Monterey XX Large Chimichanga (920 calories, 57 g. fat)
4. Denny’s Meat Lover’s Scramble (1,280 calories, 71 g. fat, 4,170 g. sodium!)
5. Hardee’s Country Breakfast Burrito (920 calories, 23 g. fat)
6. KFC Chicken & Biscuit Bowl (870 calories, 44 g. fat)
7. Starbucks Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino Blended Crème (670 calories, 22 g. fat)
8. Pizza Hut P’Zone (up to 1,380 calories, 58 g. fat)
9. Wendy’s Baconator (830 calories, 51 g. fat)
10. Denny’s Extreme Grand Slam (1,160 calories, 64 g. fat)

Here's the link if you want more information about each food:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=994

Replies

• kayla_larsen
    kayla_larsen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I recieved an email yesterday that had a list of the top 10 worst foods and I thought I'd pass it along.

1. Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Six Dollar Burger (1,130 calories, 66 g. fat)
    2. Pizza Hut Double Deep Pizza (1,160 calories, 72 g. fat)
    3. El Monterey XX Large Chimichanga (920 calories, 57 g. fat)
    4. Denny’s Meat Lover’s Scramble (1,280 calories, 71 g. fat, 4,170 g. sodium!)
    5. Hardee’s Country Breakfast Burrito (920 calories, 23 g. fat)
    6. KFC Chicken & Biscuit Bowl (870 calories, 44 g. fat)
    7. Starbucks Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino Blended Crème (670 calories, 22 g. fat)
    8. Pizza Hut P’Zone (up to 1,380 calories, 58 g. fat)
    9. Wendy’s Baconator (830 calories, 51 g. fat)
    10. Denny’s Extreme Grand Slam (1,160 calories, 64 g. fat)

Here's the link if you want more information about each food:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=994
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    ugh.. just think... if you made any of this at home it would be half the calories
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ugh. i wanna gag now lol. thanks for sharin' this
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    men... that should be illigal.... or at least do like on cigarettes packs and put wargings on it ...
    obvisouly, ones can do serious damage to their health if they dont know what their eating is sooo high in calories and fat

ok... maybe its a little extrem... but who would have though there would be those warning on the cigarettes packs 20-30 years ago ? when smoking was known as bad.. but like eating such bad things are known as bad today..

may
  • kayla_larsen
    kayla_larsen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    men... that should be illigal.... or at least do like on cigarettes packs and put wargings on it ...
    obvisouly, ones can do serious damage to their health if they dont know what their eating is sooo high in calories and fat

ok... maybe its a little extrem... but who would have though there would be those warning on the cigarettes packs 20-30 years ago ? when smoking was known as bad.. but like eating such bad things are known as bad today..

may

I totally agree with you. Heart disease/stroke is actually the top cause of death! And I read in a Psychology Today magazine that it's ironic that people are more afraid of getting cancer than heart disease, because heart disease is much more common and not very many people do anything to prevent it.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    kayla-thanks for posting,very helpful stuff:smile:

and my own personal soapbox, i think it's some serious b.s. that restaurants don't post nutrition facts like fast food places do! it makes me so paranoid to go out to eat! cause it's all those secret cals that sneak in there! granted, i've gained a bunch of helpful websites through mfp that i use for reference before i leave the house to go out to eat if i know what rest. we're going to but i think it's ridiciulous that i have to do that! the nutrition facts should be provided at every rest!:grumble:

k, i'm done being crabby, have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options

may

That warning was on cigarette packs for a very long time before people started to quit smoking. At least since the 60's, And I am not sure that it had much to do with the turning point where the majority of us quit. I think that the cost and inconvenience of smoking had more to do with quitting than anything else. For me it was the cost, I quit 20 years ago when cigs were I think about $2 a pack. Many others I know quit because it was just too inconvenient, no smoking on flights, at bars and restaurants or in the workplace. Was just the excuse many of us needed to stop the habit.

Maybe fast food should only be available in certain areas ban kids from entering without an adult?, or carry an extra tax like cigarettes and booze.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Can't they just make fast food more healthy? I know it would cost them more but I would pay the extra, gladly!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Just hearing the name "Baconater" makes me feel 20 lbs heavier! Crazy what people will put into their body for ONE or PART of a meal!!
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    i've never even had any of those things. of course now that they have the "baddie" label, it just makes me wanna try them, ha ha.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    that is funny my husband LOVES the baconator I feel disgusted just telling him the calories wooo
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Know what else is sad? Eating this stuff then blaming it for making us fat.....

What, did the fast food joints hold a gun to our heads??

:sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I can feel my arteries clogging by just reading that list!!!! EEEEEEK!!!
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I found this shocking, the loaded nachos at kelseys:
    1790 calories
    100g of fat
    156 carbs

Thats insane, considering even the portion isn't even that big!