LauraMacNCheese
LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
2879347_f520.jpg

And thus, deserves its own thread :bigsmile:

Replies

• blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I intend to wear the most magnificent pair of trousers ever to issue forth from the delicate hands of Messrs Snibcock and Turkey, Couturiers to the Very Wealthy and the Extremely Fat.
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ABOFAL!!! Hugh and Stephen are a great duo. I enjoyed the Jeeves & Wooster series too!
    The pic is Hugh from Black Adder yes?

Tracy
  • MomsTooBig
    Options
    Rowan Atkinson (speaking of Black Adder) is among those who 'top' the British humour list! :0)
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I intend to wear the most magnificent pair of trousers ever to issue forth from the delicate hands of Messrs Snibcock and Turkey, Couturiers to the Very Wealthy and the Extremely Fat.

Love it!! I need to watch all these again... for about the 50th time :)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    I LOVE ABOFAL!!! Hugh and Stephen are a great duo. I enjoyed the Jeeves & Wooster series too!

Tracy

Honestly, I have no idea where that pic came from other than Google, LOL! But I love British humor; so I felt the need to post it. :laugh:
  • MomsTooBig
    Options

Tracy

Honestly, I have no idea where that pic came from other than Google, LOL! But I love British humor; so I felt the need to post it. :laugh:

OIC....well, I highly recommend the above mentioned shows then. They're a bit dated now, but FUNNY!! It's also cool to see Mr Hugh before he was Dr [H]ouse :wink:

THEN
    427697_10151274946130061_556220060_22886089_345657053_n.jpg

NOW
    405411_10151228710760061_556220060_22746505_1963948769_n.jpg
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    Oh I am so hitting You Tube tonight, LOL! :bigsmile:
  • MomsTooBig
    Options
    Oh I am so hitting You Tube tonight, LOL! :bigsmile:

ooh ooh....start with Mr Nipples!!!! :wink:
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options

Tracy

Yes, that's from Blackadder. You should check out Absolutely Fabulous too. Hilarious!
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Tracy

great show , i love the drunk woman

Yes, that's from Blackadder. You should check out Absolutely Fabulous too. Hilarious!
  • MomsTooBig
    Options

Tracy

Ok...oops, I spelt it wrong though (been awhile!) I think I'll have to re-watch some of these myself (and check out Absolutely Fabulous! :wink:) Thanks!

I think my fav as a kid (early to mid 80's), was Benny Hill, and Mr Bean!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    2879347_f520.jpg

Is the spelling error in that poster supposed to be there? I can't tell if spelling acquire as 'aquire' is part of the joke?

Poor spelling drives me insane!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    Just watched the Mr. Nipples skit...further proof that British humor deserves its own thread, LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MomsTooBig
    Options
    Just watched the Mr. Nipples skit...further proof that British humor deserves its own thread, LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed it! A Bit Of Fry And Laurie is really funny! So many of the skits on You Tube too! Guaranteed night of laughter ahead! hehe :smile:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    2879347_f520.jpg

Is the spelling error in that poster supposed to be there? I can't tell if spelling acquire as 'aquire' is part of the joke?

and also 'humour'... if we're talking British here :/
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    <3
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    (Im british) I recently bought a dvd box set of "bottom" it was a comedy show from the early 90's....soooo funny!!!!
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    2879347_f520.jpg

and also 'humour'... if we're talking British here :/
    Definitely humoUr :laugh:
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    ec594b9b-d60c-452e-99b8-e8727333c734.jpg
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Some good British comedies, if anyone is interested. Although You certainly can't go wrong with Fry and Laurie and Blackadder.

Peep Show, Nathan Barley, The IT Crowd, Brass Eye, The Day Today, Garth Marenghi's Dark Place, The Mighty Boosh, Father Ted (Irish), Red Dwarf, The Office (UK Version!), The Young Ones, Bottom, I'm Alan Partridge, The League of Gentlemen...I could go on but I'll stick with those for now. I imagine British humour is a bit odd to anyone who is new to it, as it is traditionally, dry, severe, sarcastic and also often surreal.