IM NOT SAYING ITS A CURE!!!!!!!!!!.......BUT IT HELPED ME

Options
1234568»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better :) I know someone who was on a machine at night due to this (he was a body builder). Scary stuff.
  • amhostetler
    amhostetler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's great! My dad had the same thing. When I was a teen, I would sometimes sit beside my dad while he slept at night because he was so scared he would stop breathing in his sleep. It was really scary. He knew he had to do something about it. He lost over a 100 lbs and no longer has sleep apnea. Anyway keep it up! :smile:
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, congratulations on your new improved health though, that is the most important thing we have in life.

On the other hand you might as well say losing weight cures sleep apnea, because in most cases (NOT all, MOST. There are patients with neurological impairment after stroke or similar diseases that can aso get it) it actually is caused by obesity and the fat around your neck. I'm really glad you raised awareness!:love:
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    DAMN. You look GOOD. Congrats on getting rid of the sleep anepa! According to my boyfriend I don't snore anymore so yay!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    042101.jpg
    CIMG3071.jpg

WOW! Amazing transformation! You are an inspiration!!!

You look great!!!!!! Just amazing!
  • lolafierce
    Options
    what an amazing story!! congratulations on all of your success!!!
  • ningggsm
    ningggsm Posts: 202
    Options
    Amazing transformation :) Keep up the good work!
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    So happy for you... and your wife! My husband suffered from the same thing and I would sleep with one eye open most nights because his breaks in breathing were terrifyingly long. He lost 60 some odd pounds last year and has had the same results as you. This year it is my turn to lose the excess weight. Now we BOTH can get a decent night's sleep. Congratulations on all your hard work. You look amazing.
  • JenelNguyen
    Options
    what is MFP?
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    you look awesome. thanks for incentive. I have sleep apnea and i take mask off early in the morning, not any more i felt it wake me up jerk like gasp for air. that was scary so i still have a lot of weight to lose. Hope its my cure also.

May
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss! I've sleep paralysis, not sure its anything like sleep apnea but i have to try control my breathing and get panic attacks. Terrifying!
  • May63
    Options
    My fitness pal MFP lets us type more and make a shortcut like texting/

don't worry i didn't know what bump meant...... people will type bump for later. it makes it look like you made a topic and it will show up in my topics.

then you won't have to look for it to read when you didnn't have time before,
  • May63
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look Amazing. Congratulations.
    I have Sleep Apnea and the doctor said I have to get the CPAP. He said because of Sleep Apnea, I put on weight (lack of sleep) and might be the cause for the hypertension. Somehow using a mask during sleep did not appeal me and hence want to work on loosing weight first and see if it gets cured. With your story you gave me inspiration and more motivation to loose weight. Thank you so much. Keep up the good work.

the mask will give you more energy and a full nite sleep. My mask is starting to make marks on my face as i lose some weight in my face.

you should try it. it might help the weight loss
  • JenelNguyen
    Options
    thanks guys. Yeah, I just figured it out. I'm like hello to myself.
  • JenelNguyen
    Options
    I would be lost without MFP. Both of my parents are on the cpap machine and one is getting over type 2 diabetes. They are both near or over 300 pounds. All, I know is I don't ever want to get near those stats or health issues so I'm making the second half of my life to be in shape as the first half was pretty out of shape.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with mile SA a few years ago. The Dr. told me then that if I were to loose weight that most likely it would stop. Well, I have lost about 15 pounds now, many more to go, and can tell you that it has already improved. So there ya go. I have no doubt that once I loose more and reach goal SA will be a thing of my past.....along with most all of my weight caused issues. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!