Crock Pot Thoughts!

Options
2»

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Life would not be the same without my crock pot. Cooks food so tender.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love my crock pot. What we don't eat, I freeze.

Check out:
    www.skinnytaste.com
    www.skinnyms.com
  • jak23733
    Options
    thank you all so much! I appreciate the insight and the links/recipes! A few people have mentioned getting a "big" one and not getting a "small" one... what size should I be looking at? 4 or 6 qt?

I will hopefully be making the plunge this week, i've been itching to make some good chili :)

If anyone wants to add me feel free! hope you all had a great weekend!
  • jak23733
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm debating getting a crockpot or not.. I'm not super familiar with them or the recipes but are there a lot of healthy options to use for it or is it not worth the cabinent space/expense? And if so, What size?! (Especially since I only cook for myself and don't entertain a lot of company)... thoughts or imput are very welcome!
  • mbww
    mbww Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I frequently use my crock pot. It keeps meat/poultry very moist. I throw a bunch of chicken breasts in it and then have the chicken in the fridge for wraps, salads and sandwiches during the week instead of lunch meat. A few years ago I bought a Hamilton-Beach crock pot at Walmart that actually has three different size bowls that all stack inside each other, and I leave it right on my counter. I haven't noticed it in stores lately (haven't been looking), but it is definietly something to look for.