Wanted: Low cal buns or cookies

Options
jewelswye
jewelswye Posts: 49 Member
Hey all,

any recipes out there for low cal buns or cookies?? Its school holidays and I want do some baking with the kids and be able to eat one of what they bake lol. please none with pumpkin juice. I wouldnt know where to find it. Thanks in advance xxxx

Replies

• twittington
    Options
    Hey! I've been looking for the same thing too. I found a couple of things here http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/bakedgoods/Baked_Goods.htm but I haven't actually tried them yet.

There's a chocolate cake one as well: serves 12, 133 cal per serve. No pumpkin juice needed :smile:
    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/christmas/r/One-Bowl-Chocolate-Cake.htm

Hope they turn out okay :smile:
  • lou1105
    lou1105 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I made these strawberry muffins the other day and they tasted quite good. They are only 121 calories per muffin! You can also substitute the strawberries for some other fruit like blueberries, apples etc. Hope this helps!

Per muffin: Calories 121, Calories from Fat 38, Total Fat 4.1g (sat 0.3g), Cholesterol 18mg, Sodium 167mg, Carbohydrate 16.6g, Fiber 1.7g, Protein 4.2g

Ingredients:

1 cup sliced strawberries
    1 tsp granulated sugar
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    ¾ cup whole wheat flour
    ½ tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp baking soda
    ¼ tsp salt
    ½ cup brown sugar
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    1 large egg white
    3 tbsp canola oil
    1 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cases or spray with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine sliced strawberries with teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.

Place flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.

Add beaten egg and egg white, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined. Batter will be quite thick.

Stir in sliced strawberries.

Divide batter among prepared muffin tin.

Bake for 18-20 minutes.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    Try these vegan delicious awesome cookies:

combine 2 c rolled oats + 1 cup raisins + 3 med bananas + 1/4 cup shredded coconut + 1/4 cup chopped walnuts + 1/4 cup oil + 1 tsp vanilla extract. Let sit for 15 minutes. Bake for 21-22 min at 350.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    There are some orawheat thin buns (a la use for healthy burgers) and sara lee bread that's only 45 calories that's very good, if you are at all interested.
  • margiesmith62
    Options
    The Hungry Girl has a lot of low-cal health recipes for sweet stuff. Here is one of my favorite:

Grab 'n Go Cookies
    PER SERVING (1 cookie): 154 calories, 1.5g fat, 166mg sodium, 32.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*

Prep: 20 minutes
    Cook: 15 minutes

1/4 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
    1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
    1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
    1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
    2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
    2 tsp. sugar-free French vanilla powdered creamer
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1/3 cup pureed peaches (like Gerber Peaches, found in the baby food aisle)
    1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
    1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1 tbsp. golden raisins
    1 tbsp. dried sweetened cranberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a food processor or blender, grind cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl.

To the bowl, add oats, flour, sweetener, brown sugar, powdered creamer, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients (pureed peaches, pumpkin, and egg substitute), and mix well.

Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until completely blended. Chop raisins and cranberries and stir into the batter, evenly distributing and making sure they don't stick together.

Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray and spoon batter into 4 evenly spaced circles. (If you like, use a 2-oz. ice cream scoop!) Spread batter out a bit with the back of a spoon.

Bake in the oven until tops of treats are just slightly crispy, 12 - 14 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on the sheet. Grab 'n go!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS
  • jewelswye
    jewelswye Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Will defo make one or two of those :)
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Caprica33
    Caprica33 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump