30 day shed

Options
Hi I am starting the 30 day shed challenge today. Is anyone else also starting or who already is doing it?
Does anyone know how to roughly work out how many calories you burn for every 20 min workout? Also how many of the 20 min workouts do people do a day ? x

Replies

• dmarie1107
    dmarie1107 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30ds too, I was told to log it as circuit training.
  • JenniferDLP
    JenniferDLP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 14. You'll love level one, so enjoy it while it lasts! I hate level two.. good luck!
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of level 1 - I log as circuit training.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM!!! I have 30 day shred, but I haven't been consistent with it.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Completed this and still use it for days I can't put in a long work out. Log it as circuit training. You will love it if you stick with it. So stick with it!!! Good luck.
  • mindy4503
    mindy4503 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started it and with my HRM I burn about 185-205 calories per session. Get a HRM that is the best way to calculate. Best of luck!
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today also.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Circuit training
  • jillianlcurtiss
    jillianlcurtiss Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    mine is coming in the mail today (along with 4 other Jillian Michaels dvds) and ill be starting today as well.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 2 Day 3, been trying to do 10 days each Level. I've had it for awhile, so Level 1 got a bit boring after awhile. For someone who is just starting, you will def see a difference in your body and your stamina by day 6 or 7.

Have fun and good luck!
    Meg
  • Goalfor2011
    Options
    I hope to start today as well. I have tried it a few times, but will stay consistent from here on out! :)
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 of level one, starting level 2 tomorrow, but I log mine as around 200 calories for the video. I usually just do one 20 minute session of it per day (2 would kill me, especially the first few days, I was so sore I could barely lower myself to the toilet on day 3) but I do know some people who are on round 2 or 3 do more than one time per day. Probably will depend on your fitness level. I was inactive for the most part before starting and the first day left me exhausted and laying on the couch gasping for air!!!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I started it and with my HRM I burn about 185-205 calories per session. Get a HRM that is the best way to calculate. Best of luck!

Just got my HRM and used it on the 1st and 2nd days of Level 2, shows my cal burn closer to 300. So yes, I agree that a good HRM will be your friend!
  • jilaneeaf
    Options
    I'm starting today too!!!!
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. So today is day 2!!! I was also told to log it as circuit training.
    Lemme tell ya...I feel muscles’ I didn't even know I had LOL...but man it feels great!!
    I think I could only handle one 20 min session a day. You could work up to more maybe but it's much tougher than you would think even though it is just 20 mins!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is where my weight loss & workout journey began. That was before I had a HRM so I logged it as circuit training. I did it for longer than 30 days, once a day, usually 4-5 days a week, depending on my schedule. Since then I've added many other Jillian workouts, plus walking & started C25K, and I'm down 20lbs from where I was two years ago!
  • jjpkieon
    jjpkieon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    where is this listed? i'd love to try!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Did this as my Jan workout, and had awesome results. It's hard to say exactly how much you will burn because every day was different for me (I used my HRM), i all just depends on how hard you push yourself. Circuit training is a good way to log it if you don't ave a HRM, but I dis find it estimated low for me.
  • DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 last night and then day 2 when I woke up this morning. My HRM tells me almost exactly what MFP circuit training tells me. I must say I ache but workes through the pain as I want to see some results!
  • jilaneeaf
    Options
    Are you supposed to rest any of the days or just go 30 days with no rest?