CABBAGE SOUP? Success? Detoxify? Any1 incorporated this

Options
Has anyone incorporated the cabbage soup plan (while still meeting caloric goals) as a way to jump start diet and detoxify body?

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Your body will detox itself with proper eating. There's no need for cleanses unless Dr prescrbed.
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    But there's nothing wrong with cleanses either. Some people fast a few times a year and it has nothing to do with losing weight. Cabbage soup is an awesome low cal food that jump starts your metabolism and helps burn fat while exercises. :) The kind I make, homemade, is only 75 calories per cup.

1/2 head of cabbage
    1 can of stewed tomatoes
    1/2 thing of celery
    1 box of low cal low sodium (get organic if you can) vegetable broth
    (optional, but I love it) 1 can of pickled beats.

Chop up all ingredients and put into a large soup pot on low heat. Let the vegetables soak up the liquid from the tomatoes (and beets if added) a few minutes before pouring the broth in. Bring it up to a boil, then put it back down to a simmer, stirring occasionally. When the vegetables are soft, you're done. :)
  • countryclubber
    Options
    thank you, eatmeingo...have u done the 7 day cleanse with it?

this looks like a great recipe for the cleanse :)
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is the second post today about cabbage soup. When did it make a come back?
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I detox every six months or so. Just to give my body a bit of an edge. Cabbage soup is an awesome way to do this, but watch your nutrient values, they'll drop considerably if you let them!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I do like cabbage soup... It's a good filling soup, and easy to use as a base recipe that you can add almost anything to. I like to add barley and shredded chicken, plus a whole lot of vegetables.

... but don't make it the basis of your diet plan unless you plan on avoiding people for a while. There's a fair amount of flatulence that goes along with adding a bunch of cabbage to your diet, and it's not pretty. LOL
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    But there's nothing wrong with cleanses either. Some people fast a few times a year and it has nothing to do with losing weight. Cabbage soup is an awesome low cal food that jump starts your metabolism and helps burn fat while exercises. :) The kind I make, homemade, is only 75 calories per cup.

1/2 head of cabbage
    1 can of stewed tomatoes
    1/2 thing of celery

Chop up all ingredients and put into a large soup pot on low heat. Let the vegetables soak up the liquid from the tomatoes (and beets if added) a few minutes before pouring the broth in. Bring it up to a boil, then put it back down to a simmer, stirring occasionally. When the vegetables are soft, you're done. :)

Thanks for the recipe
    I am going to try it to get me off my plateau,
  • chadtruitt
    Options

1/2 head of cabbage
    1 can of stewed tomatoes
    1/2 thing of celery

Thanks for the recipe
    I am going to try it to get me off my plateau,

me too!!!
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1/2 thing of celery

Lolol.
  • mtretter
    mtretter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of it every week, but also add mixed vegetable to it. I use beef broth instead of the onion soup mix as I find the onion soup mix adds to much sodium. The MFP recipe calculator says it has around 100 calories per 1 cup serving. I DON'T do the cabbage soup diet but add this soup to get more vegetables/fiber into my diet and it's great for keeping me sated. I have at least 2 cups a day with lunch and supper. It helps to round out my food intake without a lot of calories.
  • wendinbill
    Options
    I just like to have a container of soup in the fridge to eat when I'm hungry. I make a minestrone, with tomato sauce, tons of veggies: carrots, celery, onions, garlic, cabbage, frozen mixed veggies, and just one or two potatoes (small). I also add a little pasta, FF broth. It's perfect for lunch and low calorie. I don't eat it with the intent to detoxify.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1/2 thing of celery

Lolol.

its a 1/2 a bunch