Fell Off the Wagon

Options
Had a bad weekend. No kids meant dating time. Unfortunaly that meant popcorn at the movies, Wingstop on Friday and Pizza on Saturday. I'm not going to beat myself up. Mistakes happen and now I am back on track.

Replies

• Fockertots
    Options
    Good mindset. Log it all, so you hold yourself accountable and then revel in how delicious of a weekend you got :]
  • cjsnurse
    cjsnurse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just remember, all those items fit i the program if you account for them and do portion control. The more often you incorporate and learn to fit them in the less "deprived" you feel and you wont have the guilty feeling. I have pizza once a week, wings if I want...I don't like popcorn so no issue there
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I had a HORRIBLE day Saturday food-wise, we went to Olive garden. But I had a GREAT day with my best friend and my daughters, and Sunday got right back on it. I think the key is always getting back to it and having a great rest of the week. You can do it!!!
  • joannepp71
    Options
    I know the feeling. My Mother-in-Law wanted to celebrate mine and my husband's birthday so she got 2 cakes, one chocolate and one white. I ate the smallest piece possible but visiting at her house all day meant no exercise. :(
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    No do not beat yourself up, i to had a bad weekend, but today is Monday and and a new day!!!!! But i must say after eating bad this weekend, i felt horrible, my tummy didn't do well with it, plus some of the old feeling of bloatiness, and feeling just yuck came back and i did not like that at all.... So good luck this week, i know you will do great!!!
  • karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing this weekend...friends in town and family dinner. But now I am on track today! Normally, I would stay off track but my mind set is totally different this time! :) I did enjoy myself! :)
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That's a typical week for me. I have a Spike Day with all those goodies and then some. GUILT FREE! Enjoy!!
  • Pir8Rav
    Pir8Rav Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    its a marathon not a race.....

one stumble wont lose you the whole contest.

Also - there are no absolutes in life- if you had a good weekend - its par for the course; and get back on what you feel is right and the universe shall once again be aligned.

• kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, except for the entirety of last week. I'm pretty pumped to get back on track this week and post a loss. Good luck to both of us, we can do it.
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    O_O I fell off the wagon too and into a big ol pit of mud...junk food all weekend and I drank practically no water...and didn't exercise at all.
  • captiva0513
    Options
    I am in your boat as well! Most of my dietary choices Thursday through Sunday were pretty horrible. But it was quality time with my girlfriends and fiance, and delicious food. I feel the same as you, no need to beat yourself up about it. I enjoyed it, even logged it. Most important thing is you're back on the wagon, focused and with a positive attitude!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Had a bad weekend. No kids meant dating time. Unfortunaly that meant popcorn at the movies, Wingstop on Friday and Pizza on Saturday. I'm not going to beat myself up. Mistakes happen and now I am back on track.

i didnt fall off but i did tip overboard and had to be pulled back in... metaphorically speaking!! lol
    i went hard for months and months and i needed a break! it happens! now ive restarted my bod is back into kick in mode
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! yesterday is my splurge day, but i took it to a whole new level! I ate a breakfast buritto from a mexican restuarant, king size snickers, some swedish fish, a burger at lunch with some frozen yogurt with a ton of goodies on it, then had a cornbeef sandwich and a black and white cookie :) But todays a new day. Im surprised I didnt get sick and puke from all that crappy food. All though my stomach was not happy with me. It hit me later. :(
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had a very bad weekend food and exercise wise. I don't know why it happened, I guess I need to figure that out, but since this is a long journey and not a sprint, I'm not going to dwell on it too much and just do my best today. It's hard not to get discouraged when we realize we're not perfect, but we can't focus on our mistakes and get sucked into a negative mindset about ourselves. We have to focus on the positive and what we did right. I know we all made some good choices this weekend.
  • mdawson2112
    mdawson2112 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
  • Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Options
    Think of the weekend as a splurdge weekend. It is all ways good to have some days where you just eat. As long as you don't do it everyday, you are fine.
  • heatherk625
    Options
    I am really glad to have read everyone's posts on this issue. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. No one else in my family is following a calorie program like this one and it can get really hard to stick to. This past weekend has been hard for me to follow my calories and now I'm having some trouble getting back on track. I have lost a lot already and don't have too much more to go to get to my ideal weight but I feel like I'm struggling! Any suggestions to help me get motivated and back on track? I don't want to end up back with my old eating habits after I get down to my ideal weight.
  • amanda776
    Options
    You can do it! Just because you blew one tire doesn't mean to you should slash the other 3. ;)