Starting crossfit...any advice?

Options
I take my first cross fit class Tuesday, any advice from those that have been?

Replies

• sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I just got done with my 4 start up classes and join an actual class tomorrow morning.

Have you been to any classes yet?

My advice is just do your best to learn the form and don't worry about the strength and endurance - that will come...it has no choice :-)
  • MissStaceFace
    Options
    You'll be so sore the first week but don't give up! The soreness goes away and then its just a amazing workout! And Crossfit is very motivating because its almost a team like atmosphere! You'll live it! Good Luck!
  • jpierc
    jpierc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A lot of people on here are going to be negative and try to dissuade you from doing crossfit because of something they heard or because it goes against what they learned in junior high school.

Ignore them.

Go into it expecting to be challenged. It isn't easy. It isn't like much of anything you've ever done before. It is a completely different method of training. Expect to look and feel like an idiot when they introduce burpees. It is all part of the crossfit experience.

However, if you get over the I-feel-like-an-idiot part of the training, it is very effective as long as the coaches insist on safety first. If not, find a new gym. (That goes for any exercise routine, not just crossfit.)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You should check out this blog, she's got lots of advice about crossfit: http://carrotsncake.com/
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    There a crossfit group if y'all are interested http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/99-crossfit-love
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    We just started a group into a new bootcamp+ class this morning which includes CF. My advice is to really focus on your form at first. Ask questions. Don't overload yourself. Watch others. Aaaannddd...have fun!