Small Victories...

Options
Sabdavis
Sabdavis Posts: 31 Member
It's easy to forget mid way on weight loss how far we've come. My biggest accomplishments thusfar are:

1. I'm finally overweight! LOL! I was "obese" for as long as I could remember, according to BMI, but am finally in the "overweight" category. Much as I think BMI isn't terribly accurate, it's still nice to see.

2. I have now lost 28 lbs. My record prior was 27 lbs and knew I'd be done losing soon

3. I am 21 lbs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight and my wedding weight (almost 5 years ago)

4. I am lighter than my husband has ever seen me

5. Filled 3 bags of clothing to give away of sizes 16, 14 and some 12s now that I am a 10. Kept one of each to remind myself of how far I've come.

6. For the first time ever, I feel like I've had a "lifestyle change", not a "diet" that has worked.

I have updated my profile picture for my before and current. :) Makes me feel good. Don't know how to add pictures here, so it will have to be the profile you look at to see. Sorry.

Thanks for reading!

9753027.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Sabdavis
    Options
    28lbloss.jpg
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward also to the day when I fall into the "overweight" category. Congrats on an amazing transformation. You look fab! :flowerforyou:
  • smltwngrl
    Options
    Congrats! Those are a ton of small victories! Proud of you!!
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My small victory is I have lost 15lbs so far this year. Yea you and Yea me!!! :flowerforyou:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Those are BIG victories.
  • Karoline01
    Karoline01 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    really awesome! thanks for sharing
  • norzip
    norzip Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome! Keep up the good work.
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Congrats! my BMI category also changed from obese to overweight last week!
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up! :-)

I have 30lbs before I'm in the overweight category but its 120lbs closer than I was a year ago.
  • Hannahtams
    Options
    Well done! You look great!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! You are an unbelievable inspiration for me and I am so happy to have you as a friend :heart:
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    WTG - great inspiration!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done!!
  • Sabdavis
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! Honestly, I don't see as big a difference until I do a side by side like that. I think since we see ourselves everyday, it's easy to miss the transformation. If you haven't done a side by side pic, I highly recommend it. Feels really good.
  • darcialarosa
    darcialarosa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    These are awesomely HUGE victories, are you kidding me?? And yes, the side-by-side really shows a difference...I could not be prouder of you. You have been and continue to be such an inspiration to a lot of us...we love you Sab! I can't wait to be out of the obese category too!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so much better now! Congrats to you!
  • hkmamma
    Options
    You look awesome, can't wait to post my first victory!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! Honestly, I don't see as big a difference until I do a side by side like that. I think since we see ourselves everyday, it's easy to miss the transformation. If you haven't done a side by side pic, I highly recommend it. Feels really good.

You are right! We sure don't see the difference ourselves. That's how I got so big in the first place because I didn't realize how much space my mirror image took up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!