how important is it...

Options
Lately it seems really hard to stay under my sodium/fat/proteins/fiber and all that & still be able to eat around 1300-1400 cal like i want to...so my question is..is it more important to stay under the sodium and all that then it is the calories? if i stay under the sodium and all that i usually can only eat 1,000-1200 cal so its not like im going OVER on calories..just not eating as many....I dont add salt to anything..maybe its the foods im choosing but still which one is more important...

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    it would be easier to help you if you open your diary. Basically if you're eating anything packaged your sodium is going to be through the roof. If you are eating clean it isnt' that hard to keep sodium down (you can see my dairy for today if you want to look). Sodium is really important if you are trying to lose the last 10lbs or so because it can cause you to retain water.
  • xoAmyxo
    xoAmyxo Posts: 110
    Options
    i eat packaged stuff..i cant go without certain things like 100 cal packs of cheetos and skinny cow ice cream or I wouldn't be able to stay doing this...but im also not trying to lose my last 10lbs..I have a lot more to lose.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Then for right now I would focus more on calories than on macronutrients. As you lose more weight and get closer to your goal you'll want to focus more on real foods.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    i eat packaged stuff..i cant go without certain things like 100 cal packs of cheetos and skinny cow ice cream or I wouldn't be able to stay doing this...but im also not trying to lose my last 10lbs..I have a lot more to lose.

If this is a every day thing there's no eat copious amounts of salt or hardly eat anything solutions here. You just need to eat healthier. Don't pick cheetos over your health. Maybe save a day (once a week or something) to eat junk.