New and motivated

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Matt. I'm 27 years old and today is the day that I decided to take charge of my weight. I'm currently 345 lbs and I have a goal weight of 220lbs (that's what I weighed my senior year in high school). Every few months I get on a diet/exercise kick but I always seem to burn out or get bored with it after a few weeks and I'm hoping this is the place to help keep me motivated to losing the weight for good. I'm asking for any support I can get and I'll do my best to return the favor. Looking forward to meeting new people who have a vison like me! :)

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! You've made a huge step towards the new healthier you! Remember, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • ctsmith
    ctsmith Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well done you wont regret joining this site and hope it keeps you motivated! Good Luck!!!
  • ScubaEthan
    Options
    Today is the day I decided to take control of my weight too. Let's stick to it together.
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi Matt,how are you?Congrats on making a great choice for your health,and best of luck in your journey!What kind of work outs are you going to do?Welcome to myfitnesspal,Rose:)
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined about a week ago and am so glad I did. Everyone is very supportive and it helps to see other's food diaries and get meal ideas. Good luck on your journey! You CAN do this.