Quaker Oatmeal

queen3510
queen3510 Posts: 180
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I eat Quaker High Fiber (10g) Instant Oatmeal for breakfast (sometimes dinner). Any idea what types of protein I can eat with it to make it complete? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• firepixie
    firepixie Posts: 65
    How about some chopped walnuts, sun flower seeds, or hemp seed. Hemp seed are complete on their so they will boost your oatmeal.
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    can you cook? (or are you at work?)

You can cook up egg whites (or a mix of whites plus 1 egg) in the morning, or add a protein shake if you can't prep food

At diner you could add 3-5 oz of chicken/turkey breast or a buffalo patty (leaner than beef)

Ileana
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Peanut butter, or a scoop of protein powder. Nuts are good too. I've also used yogurt in oatmeal and that's pretty tasty.
  • heathcox
    heathcox Posts: 22
    I know it sounds strange but it actually tastes pretty good. I mix 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese in my oatmeal.
  • queen3510
    Thank you everyone for your great suggestions. :happy: I'll need to go to the store to pick up those items.
  • queen3510
    tried the oatmeal with 1 tbls creamy peanut butter and YUMMY!!! very filling too. I didn't need a mid-morning snack. Kept me full until lunch. thanks for the tip!
This discussion has been closed.