Sore muscles and exercise

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
So..I helped a friend move yesterday...and honestly, I'm pretty sore today. Should I still try to exercise today? Or take the day off? I'm thinking maybe just do a little treadmill work.
What do you think?
Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    Options
    So..I helped a friend move yesterday...and honestly, I'm pretty sore today. Should I still try to exercise today? Or take the day off? I'm thinking maybe just do a little treadmill work.
    What do you think?
    Thanks!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Yeah, moving for 13 hours is pretty hard work. Did you have an elevator or did you have to use the stairs?
    I say, if you feel up to it go for it!! If you take it easy it may help stretch your sore muscle. Some floor exercises may help too!
    Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would still do my complete cardio workout... just lay off the weight lifting for a couple days.
    I have sore muscles almost every day from weight training and it doesn't interfere with cardio, but i'm never so sore I can't move so I guess thats up to you to judge. I also find once I get going I don't even feel the soreness.
  • wriglucy
    Options
    All stairs....and it was only me and her because the guy that was going to help us never showed up. We did a LOT of work. Thanks for your advice!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am always sore a day or two after my pt sessions at work, just make sure your doing a good stretch. But I agree you should do something today it actually helps with the soreness sometimes.
  • wriglucy
    Options
    All stairs....and it was only me and her because the guy that was going to help us never showed up. We did a LOT of work. Thanks for your advice!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    I am always sore a day or two after my pt sessions at work, just make sure your doing a good stretch. But I agree you should do something today it actually helps with the soreness sometimes.

Yes, definitely, it helps. Just have a lot of stretching after cardio and you'll feel better
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    If you can do it sure, go ahead. Soreness is usually just your muscles telling you they are rebuilding after a strenuous activity. It doesn't effect cardio a lot, but if you try to weight train that muscle group while it's sore, you will have diminished results because the muscle is already in repair mode and won't work as efficiently.