Serious motivational help needed....

Options
Hi! I’m Cait, I’m from Northumberland and I’m due to get married in 2 months.
I started trying to lose weigh properly in May last year after I found my dream wedding dress! However to actually be able to afford it I had to buy the shops sample dress which was a size too small. I joined Slimming World with my friend and lost half a stone (my friend has lost 5 and a half stone, I’m not jealous at all….:grumble:) and as with every other diet I’ve done I lost all motivation and have been hovering at the half stone mark for well over 5 months.

So here I am 2 months before I have to fit into my dress panicking!! And what’s making me feel even worse is I KNOW it’s entirely my own fault! :embarassed:
I’m fine when I’m at work, however I seriously struggle with food when I’m in the house. My fiancé is a swimmer and eats everything in sight! And I have no self control when he says “Let’s just have a pizza tonight”, he’s never been overweight and struggles to understand how anyone can actually become overweight.

I’d love for you guys to give me some tips on how to get myself back on track (or just generally give me a kick up the butt :happy: ). Please feel free to add me, I could do with as much help, motivation and tough love as possible at the minute!

Replies

• pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the wedding coming up!! I know it says on your ticker that you have 20lbs to go, but surely to fit into a dress 1 size smaller you don't need to lose as much as that? Especially if you've already lost half a stone! I found that looking a lot at the forums was really good for my motivation levels when I was trying to lose - especially the posts where people were talking about their bad days. It helps to remember how important it is to get back on track after a bad day, that they happen to everyone but also it helps to remind you how rubbish you feel when you go OTT!
    I find making lists really helpful - I know it's not everybody's thing but what if you made a star chart (you don't actually have to get the stickers if you don't want to... I like them though :p) with a week-by-week projected loss? But don't make it overly ambitious! There's nothing like failing your mini-goals to make you lose heart. If you set it at something like 1lb a week then that's 8lbs in 2 months. I'm sure you'll fit in your dress by then! Especially if you're exercising too. In 2 months you can definitely tone up a bit and hopefully drop some inches.
    Have you tried explaining to your fiance that you want to be watching what you eat for the next 2 months? If he still doesn't understand (I will be forever envious of mens' metabolisms) you could always factor in larger-than-expected dinner to your meal planning. For example, if you have time to go to the gym and exercise off 400 cals, and assign 500 cals to dinner anyway you can have a pizza! Just keep going and you'll be fine
    Good luck :)
  • MrsD89
    MrsD89 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you :smile:
    The 20lbs is just to my first main goal, I just want to lose before the wedding, just enough to get into my dress, I'd be happy with another 7lbs.

I love your idea of lists and making a chart (I love stickers, I turn 6 again when I see stickers :happy: ). I'm definitely going to try a chart!

My fiance is stuck in his own little world, he comes from a family of swimmers who all seem to have amazing metabolisms and just presumes everyone is like him. If I'm honest he tries to help in his own little way but it tends to be more of a hindrance than a help.

Thank you so much for your help :flowerforyou:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Have you considered joining him at the pool?
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    First congrats on the upcoming wedding!!

Second - I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred while keeping track of food on here and drinking all my water, and I didn't lose weight but I lost serious inches! Losing inches would help with the dress right? Maybe something like that?
  • eagle_01
    Options
    Have you considered joining him at the pool?

^^^
    This
    Pool is great for burning calories
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm walking down the aisle on April 14th, not long behind you. I did really well last year and dropped 30lbs, I stopped over Decemeber and January and put back on 10lbs... So back to 20lbs.

I started 30DS yesterday and aim to get back in to running 5km's 3 or 4 times a week, get your trainers on and hit the tarmac, walking to start with. I couldn't run for more than a minute at 1st but entered and completed a 12.5km event in October.

You biggest hurdle is the sofa, well, mine is ;)

Feel free to add me.
  • MrsD89
    Options
    He swims in a competitive club and embarrassingly I've only just learnt to swim within the past year so there's no way I could swim with him and I feel a bit silly when I try swimming by myself, I'm still a touch uneasy in the water!

I do have Jillian Michael's 30 DS, I did 1 day and couldn't feel my legs/arms/stomach the next day haha!
  • MrsD89
    Options
    And I've just realised reading this reply all I've done is make excuses!!
    I'm going to dig out my costume and my 30 DS tonight and stop being my own biggest enemy!
  • V44V
    Options
    He swims in a competitive club and embarrassingly I've only just learnt to swim within the past year so there's no way I could swim with him and I feel a bit silly when I try swimming by myself, I'm still a touch uneasy in the water!

I do have Jillian Michael's 30 DS, I did 1 day and couldn't feel my legs/arms/stomach the next day haha!

I've not been able to feel mine all day and have been squashed in the car for 3hrs of it... Didn't stop me doing it tonight ;)
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you just allowed yourself to eat a piece of pizza only after you ate a really large salad filled with healthy lower calorie things, lettuce, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, celery, beets, radishes, apple, and then dress it with vinagar (there are some really tastie balsamic ones) or lemon juice. The rule would be to eat the whole salad and then eat a small portion of the fatty thing. I really beleive that vinagar helps to burn fat also.
  • MrsD89
    Options
    I'm walking down the aisle on April 14th, not long behind you. I did really well last year and dropped 30lbs, I stopped over Decemeber and January and put back on 10lbs... So back to 20lbs.

I started 30DS yesterday and aim to get back in to running 5km's 3 or 4 times a week, get your trainers on and hit the tarmac, walking to start with. I couldn't run for more than a minute at 1st but entered and completed a 12.5km event in October.

Feel free to add me.

That's when my reception is :happy:

I'd love to be able to run but I have "funny" feet which effect my ankles, knees and hips. But I love walking, I just need to get over my fear of the cold haha! I think my pooch (and my waist!) may appreciate me walking more too!
  • MrsD89
    Options
    Maybe if you just allowed yourself to eat a piece of pizza only after you ate a really large salad filled with healthy lower calorie things, lettuce, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, celery, beets, radishes, apple, and then dress it with vinagar (there are some really tastie balsamic ones) or lemon juice. The rule would be to eat the whole salad and then eat a small portion of the fatty thing. I really beleive that vinagar helps to burn fat also.

I love this idea! Thank you :smile:
  • V44V
    Options

Feel free to add me.

That's when my reception is :happy:

I'd love to be able to run but I have "funny" feet which effect my ankles, knees and hips. But I love walking, I just need to get over my fear of the cold haha! I think my pooch (and my waist!) may appreciate me walking more too!

Get your feet measured at a good running shoe shop, they can put you in the right direction of the correct footwear. I overpronate (as do most people) so I go for arch support over cushioned.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Swim with him, but don't eat with him. ;-)

And keep at it with the 30DS. You'll see the results.
  • MrsD89
    Options
    That's the problem I have with my feet however as it's so bad I have hard plastic inserts I need to wear as I tried trainers with proper support and my feet just ended up miss-shaping the shoes!
  • eagle_01
    Options
    And I've just realised reading this reply all I've done is make excuses!!
    I'm going to dig out my costume and my 30 DS tonight and stop being my own biggest enemy!

good on you! x