I'm in a knee brace!

Options
And it HURTS! My nurse practitioner thinks it's water on the knee. and I am in a $60.00 knee brace and using a cane. I have to keep it elevated. and take steroids. Exercise is totally out of the question. And yes, my weight is an issue! This sucks!

Replies

• Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    And it HURTS! My nurse practitioner thinks it's water on the knee. and I am in a $60.00 knee brace and using a cane. I have to keep it elevated. and take steroids. Exercise is totally out of the question. And yes, my weight is an issue! This sucks!
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    Maybe try doing arm exercises... like lifting free weights?

Just keep your calorie count down to where it should be while you are not exercising. You will get through this! Have faith!

:heart: Kelly
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry Pat, hope they gave you something for pain, I'm a big baby when it comes to pain:cry: Hope you get to feeling better soon:heart:
  • Patwin55
    Options
    Thanks, pals! That makes me feel better already!:flowerforyou:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I know the feeling, I have a simular problem, my right knee has "knee cap problems" - won't stay inline, plus when I went to the doctor Thursday, I hit my foot on the side of the exam table, now my left foot look like it may be broke, but not hurting, like I thought it would if it were. Not a very attractive color either, I am a little scared trying my exercises, I bought a jump rope so I could jump rope with my youngest son - he out shows me every time. So hang in there and with time all things eventually heal.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Pat, sorry to hear about your knee. :flowerforyou: How long does your doc think you will need the brace?
  • Patwin55
    Options
    I'm doing better today. It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did. The steroids make me pee like Seabiscuit! I bet I went 15 times yesterday, but the swelling is way down, so it's working! Thanks everybody!:wink: