Which is better for weight loss...........

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
Skim milk or Light Soy Milk? I don't drink milk personally but I had a friend ask me this question and I don't know the answer. I hope someone on here does. thanks in advance.

Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Hey Banks...

You should weigh in on the soy issue.

I did go and research this. Going to try to wean husband off the soy juice. :ohwell:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Personally I can't stand the taste of regular milk... never liked it as a kid and still don't. But I love vanilla soymilk. I get regular stuff though rather than light. This doesn't really answer your question... but I think it's more of a personal preference thing rather than a right and wrong for weight loss.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I drink both but enjoy soy milk much more.
    Its got a sweeter taste and I'm pretty sure its better for you.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replies. :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Both have pros and cons, you should do some research and make a personal decision based off of the information you find. I have very strong opinions on this one and I think it best that everyone should educate yourself on different food crazes BEFORE going ape *kitten* for one food that the media touts as the new great super food!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Where is the rice milk love?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'll just post a link to a current soy discussion.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/57520-soy-not-as-good-as-you-think

agarlits, you might want to read through it.
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! I was just getting into soy hence I just bought a big bottle of vitasoy light!!

DAM!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I avoid soy - I drink skim.
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    Personally I don't prefer either. I like Almond Breeze Unsweetened vanilla, creamy and only 40 calories a CUP! At least half of calories of most skim milks, and soy milks.
  • christineluksis
    Options
    Rice milk love! I just recently discovered it and i'll seriously never drink real milk again. It's soooo sweet and so delicious and makes my morning cereal taste like dessert!