Arc Trainer by Cybex...how to calculate calories on MFP?

Options
I started using this machine at Planet Fitness and noticed that you burn way more calories than the Elliptical machine. Has anyone used this machine before? If so, how do you calculate it. I can't seem to find it under "Exercise"

Replies

• cheyenne_alexis
    cheyenne_alexis Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ahhh BUMP, I have also been using this new machine at planet fitness! I havent found anything close to it, so i made my own Exercise and just called it "The Arc" and manually enter in my burned calories as the machine says.
  • skaboom163
    skaboom163 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea....I have been manipulating the Elliptical until it gives me my deserved calorie count. I like yours better! Isn't that machine amazing!?! :-)
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Love the Arc Trainer at my gym. The elliptical sometimes hurts my knees, but the Arc is awesome.
  • skaboom163
    Options
    It really is! And it burns so many calories!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I had to start putting in my weight to get the calories burned on the machine. Then on MFP I use the elliptical option but change the calories burned to what the arc trainer had on it after my workout.
  • skaboom163
    Options
    Thanks Marvelous. That's what I've been doing. I will stick to it... Thanks for the help
  • cheyenne_alexis
    cheyenne_alexis Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yesss i love the machine, really gives you a workout and i LOVE the fans <3
  • EchoShots
    Options
    I LOVE the Arc Trainer @ PLANET FITNESS! I have been going 5 days a week, and burning 800 calories in an hour each day. I think this is pretty good, but it's a workout for me, so that's all that matters.