bump
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    Def BUMP!!!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Pasta Bolognese? Just look up a basic recipe and replace the beef with ground turkey. :3
  • better_me_2012
    Options
    Try egg rolls. Here is a good one...http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-egg-rolls/ Just substitute the ground pork for ground turkey. You can also so a little lighter and use spring roll wraps.

Lasagna

Turkey Stroganoff - simple recipe...1 lb ground turkey, one can cream of mushroom soup, wide egg noodles, basil, parsely, black pepper. Cook pasta. Brown ground turkey then add seasoings. Add cream of mushroom soup to meat then fill can with water and add also. Once pasta has cooked to your liking, stir in pasta and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just about anything you'd normally use ground beef for can handle the turkey substitute. I actually prefer ground turkey in spaghetti and lasagna. I like to brown the turkey, add a bunch of chopped bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini and let the veggies get a little soft. Add a can of no salt added diced tomatoes. Add parsley, chopped garlic, black pepper, garlic powder, and a little parmesan. Serve over whole wheat pasta....one of my favorites! Instead of the tomatoes, you can also add half a jar of pasta sauce.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Made this yesterday and had it for dinner tonight:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/GROUND-TURKEY-AND-BLACK-BEAN-CHILI-1228173

My calorie count did not come up the same. I made a few changes. I used low sodium broth and beans, added a little extra tomato paste and added frozen corn. Could have used a little more salt, but instead of adding that I just added a little dollop of low fat cream cheese and some Tapatio Hot Sauce! YUM!
  • aguilarrumiko
    aguilarrumiko Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump :-)
  • Runningfree2012
    Options
    HEre is a meal my wife and I love. 2lbs ground turkey, 1 medium onion, 1 can stewed tomatos( 2 if you like ), 1 large bell bepper, 1 or 2 medium squash or zucchini. My wife likes to add 1 can kideny beans but I really dont like them. Brown the turkey or until there is no more red. Add the veggies and let simmer for about 40 mins. Season to your taste. I like to put in cayan pepper but not everyone likes the heat. Happy eating
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one's posted this yet! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm

You DO NOT need the whole 2 tsp of chipotle pepper spice--I use 1/2 tsp. These are good! :)
  • j3m123
    j3m123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shinkermom
    Shinkermom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    saving to read later. Thanks!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Made this last week and it was a hit with everybody. Best meatloaf I've ever made. I didn't mash the potatoes but boiled them for 20 minutes and then roasted them with Mrs. Dash. The calorie count is for the whole meal, not just the meatloaf. Mine came out looking just like the photo, firm and not crumbly.

http://www.transformation.com/pages/nutrition/recipes/homestyle-turkey-meatloaf

Calories: 323; Protein: 27; Sodium: 387; Fat: 9; Fiber: 5; Carbs: 29 (He doesn't give the info but I built the recipe here at MFP for the numbers)

Homestyle Turkey Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

Servings: 6
    Preparation Time: 90 minutes

INGREDIENTS
    1-1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey
    1 medium onion, chopped
    4 egg whites
    1 cup salsa (I like chipotle flavor in this—love the "smoke")
    3/4 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
    1 pkg. Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
    1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
    1/2 cup ketchup
    6 portions red potatoes
    2 lbs. green beans
    3/4 cup skim milk
    2 T Butter Buds

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey, onion, egg whites, salsa, oats, soup mix and black pepper. Press mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan and spread ketchup over the top. Bake in a pre-heated oven until meatloaf is no longer pink in the center and juice is clear, about 60 minutes.

Approximately 25 minutes after putting the meatloaf in the oven, cut potatoes into 1" chunks. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.

Cut stems off green beans and place in a large saucepan with 1" of water in the bottom. Heat to boiling over high heat; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.

Remove meatloaf from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.

Drain potatoes, mash with 3/4 cup skim milk and add Butter Buds. Mash vigorously until potatoes are light and fluffy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner yesterday (and lunch left-overs for the week! :happy:)
    http://www.jennieo.com/recipes/299-Fiesta-Turkey-Skillet
    985ef8ee0b8489773fcd4194f3b7f8a60628902b_r380_255.png

I subbed whole wheat pasta and greek yogurt for the sour cream. Ended up pretty good. Sodium in the salsa makes it a little high. Based on what I used, the recipe tool says...

Serves 6, nutrition per serving:
    Calories: 342
    Total Carbs: 50g
    Sugar: 9g
    Total Fat: 8g
    Protein: 27g
    Sodium 705mg
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amanda776
    Options
    This recipe has become a staple in my house, it is amazing:

Southwestern Turkey Loaf

A spicy twist to an all-American classic.
    Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients

1 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
    3/4 cup crushed baked corn tortilla chips (about 2 1/2 ounces)
    1 large egg
    1 can (15 1/4 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained
    1 jar (11 ounces) medium-hot chunky salsa (about 1 1/4 cups)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375*F.
    In large bowl, mix ground turkey with tortilla chips, egg, corn, 1 cup salsa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper just until well-combined; do not overmix or meat loaf will be tough.
    Transfer meat mixture to small roasting pan (14 by 10 inches); shape into 10-inch by 5-inch loaf. Spread remaining 1/4 cup salsa on top of loaf.
    Bake meat loaf 1 hour or until temperature on meat thermometer inserted in center of meat loaf reaches 160F.
    Let meat loaf stand 10 minutes for easier slicing.
  • ninainMA
    ninainMA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fat flush soup from Women's day magazine. 3 cups per serving and fills you up
    2 tsp olive oil
    1 1/4 lbs ground turkey, shredded chicken or ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    8 oz mushrooms, chopped
    1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
    1 (32 oz) bottle reduced sodium tomatoe or V8 juice
    1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
    1 (14 oz) can beans, rinsed and drained (I use black beans)
    1 Tbs ground cumin
    1/8 tsp cayenne or to taste
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro and parsley

Heat olive oil in stockpot. Brown meat, drain and set aside. Saute onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms until soft about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro and parsley. Simmer 10 minutes.

5 servings, 315 calories, 9 g fat, 31 protein, 30 carbs, 8 g fiber

I tweak it as I do not like onions or peppers. I use onion powder, lots of garlic. I also sub'd chicken stock as I didn't have any tom or V8 juice, I also add corn and kale sometimes. I also add tomatoes with jalepeno peppers (I grind it up in blender cuz I don't like tom chunks).
    So that's my contribution.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Light "Mince and Tatties."

Take some ground turkey, sautee it with a carrot and some celery, and pour low sodium beef broth/stock over it and let it cook.

Boil some potatoes and mash them with some low fat or fat free milk.

Have a little bit of potatoes (it's ok in a small portion), and scoop the meat over it.

It's really good.
  • amyh913
    amyh913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    there are some great recipes here. I can't wait to try them :)
  • jfcameron23
    jfcameron23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump