MFP = the new Facebook

Options

Replies

• Screw Fb! Drama.. MFP is for me<<
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like MFP because we all have the same goals and on FB no one wants to hear about what you eat, your weight loss, and exercises....FB only likes drama!

SO TRUE! I am a regular on FB, but i find myself checking this as frequently on my iPhone.

"Facebook for Fat people" - LOVE IT!!! Most of us on here are definitely in the same 'boat'. :laugh:
    I don't have my status on here linked to FB or twitter. Most people would be like - who cares?
    My 6 yr old daughter comments when she sees me 'scanning' foods with my iphone on the MFP App. - "Mommy - does that have too many calories?" LOL. I am dedicated to raising her to make healthy choices now.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's a split for me, I'm part of a group on FB that spun off of here that I spend a lot of time on, but by far my fitness groups is where I spend 90% of my online time at.

Yep, I started two FB weight loss groups, and I spend 50% of my time over there, and 50% of it here. :wink:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    It's the same for me. I used to be on FB as the first website I'd visit, but now it's more just a quick visit at some point during the day: Any notifications, messages, invites? If not I'm usually back off it within 5 minutes!

MFP on the other hand is so addictive. I'm on it so much, and feel more comfortable talking about stuff on here, especially related to fitness as everyone has the same idea (nobody on fb is in the same situation really)
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    im addicted to MFP now....i find my self on the site all the time not worrying about whats going on on FB. I still love my FB me and my best friends still use it to have group conversations since were not all in the same state anymore.

MFP is where i come for extra support and reading all the funny, supportive , and informative forms that are updated and posted on daily.

I love seeing success stories.....they are the best support system
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    FB is up and running on my phone, but i look at it maybe one time a week....MFP i look at about 1 time an hour :)

A friend was visiting yesterday and we logged into Myspace...we laughed so hard at old pics. Such a blast from the past. Neither of us had logged on there for at least 4 years. It was fun seeing the skinny pics of us when we thought we were fat. eyeroll
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Well, for me at least.
    Facebook used to be the 1st thing I looked at every morning. Not any more!!!
    MFP has taken it's place!
    I feel so much more motivated to get up off my butt!!
    :happy:

I love MFP for more reasons than just weight loss... it also has the social part, but all in a positive manner. FB seems to cause so much drama for so many people. Me included. Just this last weekend I encountered major drama on FB that was all over a complete misunderstanding. I like being able to chat with people that encourage me and motivate me and drive me to better myself! I still use FB sometimes, but I am much more of an MFP "junky" now and proud of it! Great Topic! Thanks!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    < poke >
  • ShellBelle6
    ShellBelle6 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    < poke >

This made me LOL! :laugh:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yes it is. Just as action packed too!
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree, i am on MFP so much more, i love the support i get on here, i love the motivation, on FB its a lot of complaining.. BORING MFP is the place to be....
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i was just saying this to myself earlier as well. I come here and post more often on here than on FB anymore. You guys are a lot nicer :wink:
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I agree with you!!! I come to MFP daily and look forward to seeing positive driven people... Every now and then I upload a work out pic or put some inspiration just hoping I can touch someone...it has worked for a few but crazy I dont want to share my MFP with everyone..LOL
  • THayesTeamNoXQS
    THayesTeamNoXQS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    YEAH I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS ONE I FIND FACEBOOK BORING!!! MY GOAL IS TO GET AS MANY AS MY FB FRIENDS HERE ON MFP TO BETTER THERE LIFE AND SEE ALL THE OTHER AWESOME PEOPLE THAT ARE ALREADY HEAR!! "LEGGO 2012" " NO XQSs"
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    We can't access FB at work so I like MFP because I can when I have down time and need some motivating.
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I find that I use MFP more often - I don't feel guilty about posting things about my eating and fitness habbits on MFP, where as on FB i cop a bit of slack or no support for posting those kind of things...

having said that though, I lead soemthing of a double life - half health and fitness, half music obsessed... and MFP doesn't really cater to the music side of things!
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    On Facebook i can't post things like "going to the gym" or "awesome squat day" without sounding like a douche, but here i can talk about my gym time, and everyone else is like oh yeah i love me some dead-lifts!
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    " NO XQSs"

uh what?
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I stay logged into both all day. I'm a stay at home mom with lots of time on my hands. You'd think my house would be cleaner that it is...lol. I do log on to MFP first thing in the morning. I find it addictive, but in a good way.
  • erm511
    erm511 Posts: 16
    Options
    I wish MFP was more like FB in the interface. I dread these message boards. Therefore, most of my time is spent in my MFP/Weight Loss Facebook Group instead of MFP message boards.