A Little Bit About Me :)

Options
Hello! :smile:

My name is Whitney. I'm 20 years young. I've been on MFP since the beginning of the year. I've been having lots of success with it.
So for I have lost 18.2 lbs since January 1st. :happy:

I've always said that I want to lose weight but I never seemed to actually commit to it. This time is for real. This is the longest I've stayed committed to living a healthy lifestyle (and it's only mid-February.... shows my lack of commitment in the past, huh? ). I can't remember when exactly it was, but I was reading comments on Facebook about peoples New Years Resolutions from 2011. One lady posted that she was just a few pounds away from losing her goal of 100 lbs for the year. Right at that moment I made a commitment. I decided that I was worth more than the crappy life I was living. I decided that it IS possible to obtain my goals. I decided that I would lose 100 pounds in 2012. And here I am, February 13th and I am already ahead of where I need to be! :bigsmile:

At first I thought "Wow! 100 lbs, how in the world am I going to achieve that??" But then I did that math.... 100 lbs in 1 year means... approx. 8.3 lbs a month...1.9 lbs a week... or 0.27 lbs a day! Not bad at all!

I'm very grateful that I stumbled upon this site. I have learned an incredible amount of information about health/fitness/nutrition/etc. I love the community on here. The support I get is just amazing. It's been a real eye-opener to see how many calories and how much junk I was putting into my body. I now find myself more cautious than ever about what I eat. This is my body, I control what it is fueled by, and it is about time I actually take care of it!!! My health is one of few things I get to control in my life. So I am taking control!

My biggest down falls were that I overate. I never ever portioned anything out. What the heck was a serving size? Calories? Carbs? Sodium? I didn't care. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. I think part of me just ignored the fact that I was a whopping 330 lbs at one point.... not to mention at the age of only 19 years old!! It just disgusts me to think that I ate that much crap to get to that point. Yuck! :grumble:

But anyway, I am healthier and more fit than ever. And I am absolutely loving my life. If you actually read through this whole thing, thanks! And please do add me! I love getting and giving support. :heart:

OH!!! One day I WILL be one of those who posts before and after pix in the Success Stories section. :wink:

Replies

• bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring Whitney! I have no doubt you will reach your goal! Keep it up girl!:wink:
  • filthyassbassdrop
    Options
    you know you can do it baby......it makes me proud to be by your side doing this...im glad you have so much support through this amazing transformational journey.....love you sooo much
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the right attitude!! And I love that you bothered to do the math. It's hard to work on losing 100 lbs today. But losing 4 oz. today? That doesn't seem monumental at all.
  • sherryd527
    sherryd527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's like the old adage...how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you lose weight? One ounce at a time.

By doing the math you were able to see that it's only by taking those first, tentative steps that we get to where we need to be.

And by reading through your replies, it looks like you have a good man who is supporting you. Either that or you've got a stalker and you should probably change your screen name. :wink:

Good luck and may your journey be blessed with way more good days than challenging one.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Whitney....you're on a roll and I'm riding the wave with you. Thanks for being one of my friends. :bigsmile:
  • cadams0715
    Options
    Great job! You have done such a fantastic job so far and I know you can make your goal :happy:
  • jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    Great start! I was where you are a couple of years ago myself. Stay committed and focused and you will succeed.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Whitney!!! You are so rocking!!! Glad we are MFP friends. You have a great attitude and hope we can continue on this journey. Glad that yo honey is also on here!!! Hope to keep reading about your success.

Lindsay
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring...happy to be your friend :) You are awesome!
  • feb06momma
    Options
    You can do this!!
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies!!! It means a lot. :heart:

Yesterday I weighed 303.3 (the .3 counts!!)

I'm so excited to be out of the 300's. I will never have a 3 at the beginning of my weight ever again!! :bigsmile:
  • Lucinda1013
    Lucinda1013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    way to go....keep up the good work
  • Honey_gold_queen
    Honey_gold_queen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate to how you don't realize that weight loss and healthy living are really all about using your head, and not fueling your body with crap. Welcome and awesome job on the commiment!
  • Lachesis
    Lachesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Very impressive story!

I just started today using the program today. Looks like I signed up after having my second son in 2007 (and then his sister in 2008 {10m apart LOL Apparently, I did not, uhhh keep using the program at that time) I started Vit D (some serious Vit D) and thyroid meds last week. I am praying this is why I haven't lost weight over the past 17 years :/

~Rachel in AZ
    Lachesis
    ~Looking for support~
  • Rscrappy
    Options
    Awesome outlook . Keep it up you can do this.
  • whitneyann0
    Options
    Yes! I can do this. And so can all of you! Thank you for the support and encouragement. :happy:
  • whitneyann0
    Options
    Anybody else out there with similar weight loss goals?
  • whitneyann0
    Options
    BUMP! Hehe