A runner? Me? Well I guess I am now!

Options
2»

Replies

• courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm in no way shape or form a runner or ever have been. I'm planning on starting though, with the goal of running a 5k in November. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hooray!
    I've turned into a runner in the last year too, and I can't believe how much I enjoy it and how much better I feel when I run... it picks up my mood better than anything else.
    I think your advice about getting good shoes and getting injuries looked at early on is spot on - I had knee problems last year and hip flexor issues a month or so ago but getting to a physio and getting the right advice for me means that I'm back on the road again.
    I also agree that it's addictive - my longest run to date has been 14 miles (half marathon training) and I love it!
  • Goalsforsusie
    Goalsforsusie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am just starting using a program call "Run your Butt off" 12 weeks to running this week is our 1st run week.
    I like it!!!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I am sooo in the same spot!!! I am not a runner, I'm not built for running but I wanted to see if I could do it to help my knee pain and my exercise induced asthma. I decided to do the C25K and when I first started I could barely jog for 90 seconds and I'm now jogging (only a 4.7 on the treadmill) for 25 minutes at a time!!! It's still not easy but I'm doing it!!!

Definitely a weird feeling. You go!!!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I started running in October...with Couch to 5K. I ran a 2 mile race on Thanksgiving and haven't run another race since....but I'm still running at least 3 days per week. A few days ago I signed up for my next races: A 5K on 2/25/12, a 5 mile on 3/17/12, a 10 mile on 4/14/12, and a half-marathon in September. There are a couple of other races I plan to do in May, June, and July, but registration isn't available yet.

It is definitely addictive....and I LOVE it.
  • dfranks43
    Options
    Agree, I did about 7 5k's last summer which were mostly walking but now this summer I have already signed up for 1 5k and 1 10 k, I'm looking forward to a half but at this point don't even think about doing a full.
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    I've just started c25k last week, and I'm loving it!! I never thought it was even a possability for me, I'm a severe brittle asthmatic, I had an attack a few years back, that put me in a coma on life support for a month and since I was 6yrs old, my doctors said I can't run because of the asthma. I also had a motorbike accident and crushed my left leg. (broke the femur, fib, tib multi fractures every 5ml, fractured hip and pelvis). I will never let anyone tell me I cant do something ever again! I'm now training for a mini triathlon! I LOVE swimming, cycling and now running!!! Who'd of thought!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!