Does Insanity build muscle?

Options
I got insanity from my uncle since he had it and wonderfed if it builds muscle since I dont have access to a gym and my parents said they couldnt get me a Y pass thank you xoxo :flowerforyou:

Replies

• _Nathan
    Options
    I was talking to a friend who has the whole series (I am trying to get a copy for myself from them) and they said it was great for losing weight and toning up. I am not too sure about what kind of muscle mass you will gain though.
  • SummerFun2011
    Options
    I just wonder if it would be okay to replace weights?
  • _Nathan
    Options
    That I do not know. Sorry.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    all the moves are body weight moves, it's been a while but if I remeber correctly there are no weights involved.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    While there is some muscle stimulation, there is no way you can replace the stimulation you get from lifting free weights.... and machine usage.
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    While there is some muscle stimulation, there is no way you can replace the stimulation you get from lifting free weights.... and machine usage.
    I totally agree.

If you want to build muscle, you need to lift a wieght that you can only perform 8 to 10 reps per set on. If you you wish for the toned and lean look than a wieght at about 12 to 15 reps is better. If you can't get to a gym or any free wieghts than your best choice would be a resistance band. If you want to increase the tension on the band, than make a loop on the floor and step on it to make the band tighter and harder to pull.

I hope this helped.