Recipe Swap Week 9

Options
13»

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Wrapped Salmon
    Made this today for lunch using butter pam instead of the butter. It was delish! I will be makimg this again.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have done a similar thing just using crescent rolls vs phyllo....yummy....love salmon!:happy:
  • WilliamsYaYa
    Options
    Hi All,

This is a recipe I found on food.com and have modified the flavor combos lots of times with great results! This looks elegant but is supper easy! To make it healthier I exchange the butter for spray on oil (PAM). It's calorie free and has great results.

Wrapped Salmon

4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
    8 sheets phyllo dough
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 lemons, juice of
    salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
    Mix the mustard and lemon juice together in a small bowl until well combined; set aside.
    Cut the fillets into log shaped pieces, about 2-inches wide and about 5-inches long. Keep each fillet separated.
    Take 2 sheets of phyllo dough, placing one on top of the other, and brush lightly with melted butter. Make sure to cover the entire top piece of phyllo.
    Place a potion of fish (6 oz.) on the edge of the phllo nearest to you.
    Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper to taste and coat fish with 1 Tbs of the mustard mixture.
    Fold the phyllo dough nearest to you with the salmon over, and make one complete wrap.
    Take the sides of the dough and fold them towards the center, and continue rolling up the dough.
    Brush all sides with melted butter, covering completely and place on a cookie sheet.
    Repeat steps for remaining portions of salmon.
    Bake for 20 min or until phyllo is golden brown.

Made this -- it's excellent!!