30 Day Shred, starting tomorrow! Looking for a few others...

Options
Hi! I am going to start Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred tomorrow. My plan is to do it each morning, Mon-Fri, taking weekends off. So, 2 weeks at each level and will complete in 6 weeks. Just wondering if there are others out there that would like to join me for motivation, complaints, successes??? Was thinking about just a small group of us, maybe 5 or so, so that we can really help motivate eachother,hold eachother accountable, ect., rather than a large group where we'd just get "lost" in all the comments, ect.

What do you think?? Are you up for it? :wink:

Replies

• snowwhite168
    snowwhite168 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started the 30 day shred this morning. I'm hoping to do it 6 times a week but not sure if i'll be able to keep that up. Will definitely do it 5 times a week though. I know that if i'm doing it with others i'll be more motivated to do it rather than skipping a few days and then giving up completely.
    I got up 45 mins earlier than usual this morning to get it in before work as i knew i wouldn't be home until 10pm. I was expecting it to be hard and it was just that, although there was nothing that i felt i couldn't do. I felt great after it and now that i'm sitting at work i feel as though i have more energy than i normally do on a monday morning. Let's see how long this 'feel good' feeling lasts. haha
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I purchased my copy of the 30 Day Shred on Saturday. I am starting it tonight and aiming to do it 6 days per week. I watched Level 1 and it appears to be pretty basic... (if i was in the shape I was 20 yrs ago...lol) I know its gonna be tough and no joke....but I want this more than anything. Sooooo tonight I have a date with Ms Jillian..and afterwards...a hot bath.
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi there snowwhite & dolfn! So glad that you are going to start the 30 day shred! I got up and did Level 1 day 1 this morning! Yeah, glad it's done for the day, though. Will probably try to fit in a jog sometime today, too.
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting my 30DS today after work and plan to only do this 5 days a week (weekends off as well). I have done this a couple of years ago and remember it not being as easy as I thought it would be. I will let you know later if my memory serves me correct:wink:
  • kdrew1
    kdrew1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am totally with you! I ordered my 30 DS early last week so I should be getting it really soon. It would be great to check in with other people who can feel my pain :)
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you. I only lasted 3 days. It was rough...I did something and pulled a muscle in my neck and couldn't move for 3 weeks so I kinda swore her off at the devil and haven't done it since.

Good luck to you. She's tough but I bet you'll see good results!
  • Whutto1
    Whutto1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I plan on starting today...I like the idea of doing it Mon-Fri and taking the weekends off. Add me as a friend and we can stay motivated! :happy:
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i started it today, first time ever! Kicked my tushy!
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    well I completed day 1 and just like I remembered. My legs and arms feel weak and wobbly. Lets
    hope I come back for day 2

15756299.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LaurieAthGa
    Options
    I ordered it yesterday and hope to get it tomorrow so I can start after work. I've been reading other threads about it and I'm a little scared of it! LOL
  • smte
    Options
    Fun, I hope everyone sticks with the 30 days. For me, doing it 5 days a week, I will be done on March 23rd!!! I can do it, hope you can to! I will be checking in daily to report that the workout has been completed, helps keep me a bit more accountable! I think everyone should take before/after pics and measurements. I'd be fun to compare at the end of the 30 days!

"Friend" me if you'd like, might make it easier to keep track of eachother and offer support!
  • unforgettable81
    unforgettable81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I completed day 9 today. I did 5 days in a row and that was ROUGH! I'm currently trying to do at least 3-4 days per week.So it will take me longer than 30 days to complete.
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    rock it!! stay motivated and do not give up, it is an amazing way to help your weight loss journey!!!
  • nesstle
    Options
    hi im in! i just started my second day, it is awesome. Maybe we shoudl start a group so we can track and support each other???
  • nesstle
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3364-30-day-shred

IVe started a group for shredders!!!!!! come join with me!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just bought it tonight and some light weights to use with it. I'm ready to get started on it this week :) Hoping to do at least 5 days a week.
  • polly_lops
    polly_lops Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! I had never even heard of this woman or her DVD but read some of the reviews and had to buy it! I look forward to the pain! Thank you for opening my eyes to this...can't wait for it to be delivered!
  • amgilman87
    amgilman87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm definately in! Haven't done this video in a couple years. I will be starting tonight or tommorow morning depending how late I work tonight.
  • Frankilou25
    Frankilou25 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    just ordered my dvd!! can't wait to get started!! how's everyone doing?? it does sound hardcore!!
  • smte
    Options
    Well, day 2 completed! My arms were so sore from yesterday, I could barely do the jumping jacks - can't even imagine what my arms are going to feel like tomorrow.

How did today go for everyone else?