1200 Daily Calorie Intake - Friend Request

Options

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to around 1200 (although I'm set at 1400), I eat more when I exercise though. Feel free to add as I'm always after more friends/support on here.
  • dgrenell
    dgrenell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Mendi123
    Options
    Bandwagon? Yup ready to jump on board!
  • RageAndLove92
    Options
    Add me if you want :)
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    1200 calories here. Add me!
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Same here! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1200 calories here too, feel free to add me :)
  • Gracebel
    Gracebel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Newbie & would love some tips!! :happy:
  • alyssaanagram
    Options
    I'm set for 1250 and rarely go over - feel free to add me! I'm always supporting :)
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm at 1200 - feel free to add me :)
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I started at 1300/day and found it very difficult to ONLY eat that amount, now 6 weeks later and I am struggling to consume that much. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT! Anyway, I am aiming for 1200 since I know it is unhealthy to be under. I too love to get new recipies or share anything I learn. Feel free to add me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Heya ladies! I'm not on a 1200 calories diet but I just want to put out there that a lot of times MFP will calculate the caloric intake wrong.

That said I'm going to save you all a little trouble and give you the tools to better calculate your own caloric intake.

1200 calories is fantastic if you are below 5 foot tall.

Most of you are probably 5'2 and above.

Check out this website: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Do the military body fat calculator to get your Body Fat %.
    Then
    Do the BMR tool to find out how many calories you should be eating daily.

Set MFP to the new calories and adjust macros to Protein and Fat 30% Carbs 40%.
    This will foster an environment in your body for maximum fat loss with retention of lean mass.

From my experience at doing hundreds of numbers for MFP members and seeing their success I can tell you that you are not eating enough to lose proper weight and at some point in the NEAR future you will either plateau or fall off the wagon.

For instance, the past 16 sets of numbers i've ran for women 5'2-5'3 who worked out 3-5 times a week were between 1600-2200 calories per day.

So if you stick with 1200 calories a day you will lose weight...at first.

Most of it will be fat but 20%-50% of it will be muscle.

So I'm happy I stumbled across this forum and I hope I saved a bunch of you from posting a thread later down the road titled something like "I'm on 1200 calories and not losing any weight!" or "I'm eating and working out but the headaches!!!!"

Please PM me if you have any questions about this post.

The Fat to Fit tools will give you the EXACT amount of calories to eat daily.

And add me too because I can pass each one of you off to my friends list.
    Everyone on there eats a high calorie diet and they are losing fat an maintaining muscle mass.
    =D
    Hugs!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i can vouch for Dan!

i am 5ft 9, was eating about 1400 cals a day, and exercising on top...

ive swiftly changed to eating 1800-1900 a day and eating back exercise cals.. i have optimul lean mass already and just want to shed the fat.

im aiming for 1 pound a week, slow and steady and happily eating lots of lovely food !

:)
  • KJHoutz
    Options
    Definitely add me! We have the same calorie goals!
  • anj911
    anj911 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1200 also :)
  • MissEllieF
    MissEllieF Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Helloitsdan - that's really interesting, will have a look into that!

That said - I am on 1200 (at the mo!!) so feel free to add xx
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    1200 for me too..feel free to add me...we're all in this together!
  • altrameise
    altrameise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1200 for me...add me and we can compare notes.
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Heya ladies! I'm not on a 1200 calories diet but I just want to put out there that a lot of times MFP will calculate the caloric intake wrong.

That said I'm going to save you all a little trouble and give you the tools to better calculate your own caloric intake.

1200 calories is fantastic if you are below 5 foot tall.

Most of you are probably 5'2 and above.

Check out this website: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Do the military body fat calculator to get your Body Fat %.
    Then
    Do the BMR tool to find out how many calories you should be eating daily.

Set MFP to the new calories and adjust macros to Protein and Fat 30% Carbs 40%.
    This will foster an environment in your body for maximum fat loss with retention of lean mass.

From my experience at doing hundreds of numbers for MFP members and seeing their success I can tell you that you are not eating enough to lose proper weight and at some point in the NEAR future you will either plateau or fall off the wagon.

For instance, the past 16 sets of numbers i've ran for women 5'2-5'3 who worked out 3-5 times a week were between 1600-2200 calories per day.

So if you stick with 1200 calories a day you will lose weight...at first.

Most of it will be fat but 20%-50% of it will be muscle.

So I'm happy I stumbled across this forum and I hope I saved a bunch of you from posting a thread later down the road titled something like "I'm on 1200 calories and not losing any weight!" or "I'm eating and working out but the headaches!!!!"

Please PM me if you have any questions about this post.

The Fat to Fit tools will give you the EXACT amount of calories to eat daily.

And add me too because I can pass each one of you off to my friends list.
    Everyone on there eats a high calorie diet and they are losing fat an maintaining muscle mass.
    =D
    Hugs!
    thanks for this ..
  • hash529
    hash529 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me as well.