Hey... when is the best time to eat sweets? I ate a brownie

Options
How can I atone for what I've done?? I feel terrible!! Ack!
And when is the best time to eat unhealthy foods? I heard that it's best to eat earlier in the day.
Helppppp

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    The earlier in the day you eat junk, the more likely you'll be able to get exercise to reduce the impact! Plus, just the calories to run your body will help push it through.

If you make a mistake, so what? Just get back on track, try to add a little more exercise to make up for it. No problem!
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The earlier in the day you eat junk, the more likely you'll be able to get exercise to reduce the impact! Plus, just the calories to run your body will help push it through.

If you make a mistake, so what? Just get back on track, try to add a little more exercise to make up for it. No problem!

Well said! This diet is a life change - but I still want the occassional sweet treat in my life! :)
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    It does not matter when you eat it. A calorie is a calorie. As long as by the end of the day you are in a deficit.

Did you enjoy the brownie? If so then great! Move forward, no harm no foul. :tongue:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    There's no "good time" to eat unhealthy foods, but if you do it earlier (as others said), you can try to make up for it a little with exercise.

If it left you feeling terrible (like "sick terrible"), it should be easier to avoid next time though. I've found that heavy sweets make my body respond badly now, and knowing that makes it MUCH easier to abstain when something bad is tempting! If you're just feeling "terribly guilty", let it go..one brownie isn't he worst thing you could do to yourself!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference when you ate it.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The best time to eat brownies is when you have a brownie and room in your daily caloric needs for it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Brownies should only be eaten in the daytime or nighttime.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    and only on days that end in Y.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i prefer brownies still slightly warm from the oven.
    cookies, too.
    oh, and cake.

ice cream, though? any old time.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    the best time to eat a brownie? when they're "special" brownies....
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    i prefer brownies still slightly warm from the oven.
    cookies, too.
    oh, and cake.

Strong username to post content.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    and only on days that end in Y.

YES!!
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    the best time to eat a brownie? when they're "special" brownies....

AND YES!!
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just ate a homemade brownie here at work too. A coworker of mine makes the best brownies i've ever tasted and i was reluctant to take one but decided to and when i did, i looked for the smallest piece in the pan. I just told myself that i'm not going to resort back to my old ways which I know i won't. Most of the bad foods i use to eat don't even taste good anymore but unfortunately her brownies still do :)
    I don't know that there is a better time to eat sweets. I've heard it's best to eat your carbs at night but haven't heard anything on sweets. As long as you're not constantly consuming the not-so-good for you foods at every meal and for every snack, I wouldn't worry.
  • snaus70
    Options
    Don't feel terrible, just think of it as a bit of extra fuel to do some extra cardio! One brownie won't get you off track! :smile:
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, this post isn't helpful...but your topic really made me giggle. And seriously don't feel terrible...if you feel that bad, go for a quick run/jog/walk to burn the calories you just ate :)
  • jjs22
    jjs22 Posts: 156
    Options
    No need to atone. Its not a sin, just a dose of calories. The main thing is to a) enjoy it, and b) adjust your caloric input (diet) or output (exercise) to keep you moving towards your goal.

I think part (b) is what we focus on the most, but as others have hinted, its important to take part (a) seriously.

The cafeteria where I work has fresh-baked yummy desserts every day, and it's an all-you-can-eat situation. I check them out every single day, but most days I just have my usual apple. Some days, if my calorie intake/output has been good, or if I just get a wild urge, I'll grab something yummy. And enjoy it. A lot. In fact, one of the things I think about when I look at the desserts is "Just how much *real* pleasure would that give me ? Would it just leave me craving another (chocolate chip cookie) or would I be able to stop after one serving and enjoy the high for the rest of the afternoon ? "
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,117 Member
    Options
    The best time is when you want one and have the calories to spare. If you meet your macros, all is well. Don't get all bent out of shape over a brownie.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The best time to eat brownies is when you have a brownie and room in your daily caloric needs for it.

This.
  • JanaMatchett
    JanaMatchett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Actually there is a "best time" to eat a brownie, candy bar, etc. Immediately after your workout. I read this article the other day. Apparently just after you work out your body will store the candy, cookie, brownie up as energy instead of sugar - this article said it's almost impossible for your body to turn it into fat. Here is the link....
    http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/should-you-eat-carbs-after-a-workout.aspx

It's also interesting to read his article "what to eat before, during and after a workout". You'll see a link to that if you read the link I posted. Hope this helps! :smile: