Weight loss for Wedding!!

Options
Hello! I am new to MyFitnessPal! I am 24 years old, newly engaged with plans set in motion for a Fall wedding 2012 :) I've got about 60- 80 lbs that I would love to lose before my big day! I am looking for encouragement and support from myfitnesspal friends! Thank you!!

Replies

• gail16
    gail16 Posts: 94
    Options
    My wedding is booked for March 2013 and I've got 45 - 50 lbs to go. I want to lose this weight before my big day. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other.
  • melanieduvall
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight for an upcoming wedding. Looking also for people to talk to for support. Would love to be added as friends to anyone that is interested.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! My wedding will hopefully be November 2013 and I have 5-7 dress sizes (over 100lb) to lose. You are welcome to.add me too.x
  • emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to get in shape for my wedding in September, which we are having in Yosemite, anyone feel free to add me, I am really interested in bridal fashion and would love to hear what kinds of dresses you are all planning on going for and your wedding plans x x x
  • JennATC
    Options
    Hi all! I am getting married on Nov 3 this fall, so feel free to add me. I'm looking to lose 50 more pounds or so. :)
  • naffito
    naffito Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    good luck!
    i was going to lose weight for my wedding but ended up pregnant instead
    find some achievable wedding pics for thinspiration is my advice
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm getting married in June 2013 (500 days tomorrow, eeeek!) and I'm hoping to lose about 25lb before I start dress shopping this summer. I'm always on the lookout for new friends so I'm happy for anyone to add me as a friend!
  • redjen
    redjen Posts: 12
    Options
    My wedding is in three months! definitely trying to lost about 20 pounds before then. Definitely looking to add some friends for motivation and advice :)
  • evlmis
    Options
    My wedding is in October and I started at the gym three weeks ago. Progress is slow but I am developing a routine and eating healthier. I'm keen to be added for anyone wanting to chat and share motivational tips (or wedding ideas ha ha).
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to MyFitnessPal! I am 24 years old, newly engaged with plans set in motion for a Fall wedding 2012 :) I've got about 60- 80 lbs that I would love to lose before my big day! I am looking for encouragement and support from myfitnesspal friends! Thank you!!
    Congratulations on the engagement. Now, let's get down to business.

You want to lose weight for your wedding, that's great. You have a set a goal of 60-80 pounds... Let's stop right there. For starters I highly doubt you have 60-80 pounds of fat. Here is how to determine your lean body mass:

Body Fat in lbs. =
    (Total Bodyweight) (Body Fat Percentage (in decimal form))

Anyway, I would focus on building a sound program around nutrition, weight training, add cardio when needed. Don't be concerned so much about the numbers. Trust me if you start now, you will look great at your wedding.

That will determine how much fat you actually have.

Anyway,
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting married June 21, 2013 but have been on MFP since July 2011. Feel free to add me, I'm great motivation ;)
  • polly_lops
    polly_lops Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Congratulations on your engagement & welcome to MFP!

I'm also getting married (August 4th this year) and I'm looking to lose about 12lbs by then...or just seriously tone up for our honeymoon (it's all inclusive so I can see me being back two weeks later with another 12lbs to lose!!

I'm looking for diet buddies too so please add me everybody!

Good luck!
  • brokenapplecores
    Options
    :)
  • alie5612
    Options
    hiya i am getting married in 11 weeks and still want to lose a bit more got to really try good luck to you all and think how wonderful u will look on your day :-)
  • jobster68
    Options
    Hi - I am getting married three weeks on Friday - 9 March - I have lost 22lbs so far and am very happy - I plan to carry on losing after the wedding to be able to fit in a nice bikini in June when we go to Spain!! If anyone wants to add me as a friend for support and motivation - please feel free to do so.

:smile:
  • naznnp421
    naznnp421 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm getting married April 21st this year and got a really late start on weight loss, so I am in major need of support and motivation as well! I'd love to be anyone's wedding weight loss buddy! :)
  • motb123
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm trying to lose weight for my Daughters wedding July this year. I don't want to be a fat MOTB!!

Have been a member on RC diet club but have only lost 3lbs in 3 weeks so I am really trying now I have joined MFP.
    Good luck to you all, lets DO IT together. I'm an oldie compared to you all but I am eager to see the scales go down at least 30 lbs between now and the middle of July.

Feel free to add me anyone
  • Magenashley928
    Magenashley928 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey everybody!
    im getting married in 33 day, march 17th... so far i have lost 21 pounds and i was on weight watchers. i have just recently quit paying for weight watchers and switched to MFP... weight watchers really worked for me so i hope i can countinue to do well on here! my dress fits perfectly now ( i bought it in october and it was too small and now its perfect ). i hope to loose a little more before the wedding so it fits comfortablely and i can wear a cute little bikini on our honeymoon.

congrats to everybody else on their weight loss and engagements/weddings :)
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have been on MFP for about 5 months or so now, and my wedding is in 11 weeks! (April!). I will be happy to encourage you and help you along your journey ^-^
  • madelongrin
    madelongrin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am getting married in November this year. I started early to lose weight as I never have problems losing the weight, I can just never maintain it! I gues I thought if I started early, I had more motivation to keep it off this time. I have been on MFP properly now for just over 100 days and plan to keep it up until my wedding which is over 37 weeks away!!

Anyway, would be nice to have fellow brides-to-be as my friends so will add you! :-)