FlatOut wraps

Options
Can I get some recipes for the FlatOut wraps? I bought mine at Walmart tonight and I bought the Light Original and the Light Italian. Looking for some fun, interesting, yummy recipes. Thank you. :)

Replies

• dawnagetsfit
    Options
    I use the multi grain w/flax.. LOVE Flatout! I put the following on mine -

71g of Perdue Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast ShortCuts
    7 - 14g of Athenos - Reduced Fat Feta Cheese- Crumbled
    10g of Mariani - Dried Sweetened Cranberries

Microwave for 30 seconds, let cool for 1 minute then add a hefty serving of spring greens or arugula, roll up and enjoy!

Calories: 248
    Fat: 5
    Protein: 31
    Sugar: 7
    Fiber: 9
  • misty24lynn1
    Options
    Thank you..that sounds good. I just want a lot of crunch in mine. I need to feel like I am eating something. Have you ever toasted them in the oven? Or GForeman grill?
  • gem_angel
    Options
    My experiments with flatout bread so far:

pizza -- 1/4 cup pasta sauce, 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese, and topped with veggies. i cooked the bread first at 425 for about 5-6 min then put toppings on it and broiled it a minute or two.

mexican pizza -- again, cook bread first, then add taco sauce (i used taco bell hot and mild packets, 3), 1/2 cup warmed up old el paso fat free refried beans, 1/4 cup weight watchers mexican cheese blend, and onion. the first time i broiled it after topping, but didn't like the result, so the second time i put it in the microwave until the cheese was melty.

microwave quesadilla -- lay bread on plate, put 1/4 cup weight watchers mexican cheese on half and fold bread over. microwave about a minute until cheese is melted. dip in salsa.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just put tuna on mine or some type of deli meat.

Never tried anything different like the pizza recipe they advertise on the package.
  • juplips
    Options
    I've made Pizza on them and like them very much. My husband uses them just like you would any bread or roll. They are good with Trader Joe's chili lime chicken burgers on them.

I've also made a panini as follows:
    cook up some Canadian bacon
    toast flat out
    put a slice of Weight Watchers cheese on warm flat out
    top with cooked C. bacon
    fold, let cheese melt and eat
    Sometimes I heat the bacon at home and bring everything to assemble at work. You can also add and egg for an egg McMuffin.
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    I also do the "pizzas" toasting the wrap first then toppings and bake for 5 minutes. I use my countertop oven for these! Oh, and for a little pizzazzzzz add some crushed red pepper flakes and sprinkle of Parmesan cheese! :)
  • readytosurf
    Options
    These are my new, favorite bread! LUV 'em. Found them on an endcap at Marc's, 2 packages/$3. Got the Italian & the Whole Grain. I've been filling them with raw spinach, a drizzle of light dressing (Caesar, ranch, or none at all), and a slice of cheese or a little sliced turkey, wrapping them in tinfoil and having them as a lunch or snack. With just overloading them with raw spinach, the italian ones make a yummy, filling 100 calorie snack.

I love that they have more heft than a tortilla, don't crack or crumble when you roll them like pita bread, and less than HALF the calories of real bread. I get my carb fix and its delicious. Can't wait to try the pizza...thanks for the tips on how to make it more crusty!

Oh, and their website has some delicious recipes I wanna try: http://www.flatoutbread.com/category/recipes/
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Never tried them, Bumping for Ideas!!!
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have been using the light ones also....my favorite way to eat it is to mash up a serving of black beans with some salsa, spread on the flat out..add some low fat cheese and totast in the oven until the cheese is melted..when it comes out I add peppers, tomatos, and fresh cilantro...YUM!!
  • Patti909
    Patti909 Posts: 36
    Options
    I do lots with Flat Outs...

Grilled chicken
    Romaine lettuce
    Tomato
    Ken's Light Ceasar dressing

all put in a wrap.

OR
    I make a pizza with it, sliced tomoatoe, Ragu pizza sauce, green peppers and WW cheese.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Here are two things I did with the Rosemary Olive Oil Flat Out Foldit.

FF Cream Cheese with dill, yellow/orange/red peppers & cucumbers
    DSCN0067.jpg

Tomato & Basil pasta sauce, mushrooms, chicken breasts, black olives and mozzerella cheese
    DSCN0054.jpg
  • banderson1107
    banderson1107 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LOVE FlatOuts! I eat the Italian kind and it is sooooo much better than diet bread. We put a grilled chicken breast, fat free cheese slice, turkey bacon and lettuce and onions. My 8yo said it was the best thing he has ever eaten lol. I usually have one for lunch with turkey cheese spinach and onions. fold it in half and make it like a grilled cheese.

I really need to try it as pizza, yum!

PS: I have a hard time finding the light ones where I live so I order mine off nutrition.com.
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ive previously done a fajita in it simple
    mushroom, fat free shredded cheese, peppers, chicken, wrap!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I had some at my moms house for the firs time last week. Yummy but oh my gosh they are high in sodium! I'll stick with my sandwich thins or 45 calorie Sara lee bread - virtually the same for calories/fiber/protein but less than 1/2 the sodium.
  • tabithaanne
    Options
    Here are two things I did with the Rosemary Olive Oil Flat Out Foldit.

FF Cream Cheese with dill, yellow/orange/red peppers & cucumbers
    DSCN0067.jpg

Tomato & Basil pasta sauce, mushrooms, chicken breasts, black olives and mozzerella cheese
    DSCN0054.jpg

They look awesome!