How should I take this MFP message?

Options
nikkilou1978
nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
I have to admit I was a bit creeped out when I recieved this message on MFP. I don't quite know how to take it, should I be flattered or offended? I have blocked this person as this is not the type of message I would expect from this site. I have removed the name of the sender. Opinions?

So here it is:

" Hello Madam I am with much pleasure to send you this email. By the way I will for ever stand by to say sorry if you don't expect any email from you. How are you doing with your beloved famioly? I hope Insha Allah you shall for ever be alright with your beloved family. I know you do not know me but i just hope To getting to knowing you more.How ever, I would like to let you know my reason and aim for being here. I know your reason being here might not be that, but for the fact that it was only a wisdom of God which made it possible that i chosed to send you an email, it was a direction only From Holy God Allah. I know i am a muslim, but i feel we are all believing in one God. And if you know you don't correspond with non christians, you can feel free to let me know because i am a boy with great faith and heart full of so much love and concern. I need some one to show me the love of a mother. I need some one who will for ever be there to always offer me the opportunity to also have the chance to call the word my mom again. I lost the love of my mom during the year 1994 as a result of a war that was caused through a sale over a guinea fowl. It was there i lost the love of my dad and mom and i have never enjoyed their love like i had wanted to. I could feel they had so much love for me at the time i was with them and they did also loved me so much. I know my mom is not dead yet, but for the fact that i can't find her any more is all that pains me. Sometimes i feel our mothers are the greatest things to ever happen to us and i never know how much to say God bless our mothers. Sometimes it is a great gift to some one having a mother and if you still have them around you sometimes you don't feel or appreciate that till the time you loose them. When i see a child with the mother it makes me happy but i never get the opportunity and chance to enjoy this love any more. With this being my reason, i puruposely and personally come here searching for some one who will listen to me and accept me as the common boy. Even though i have always being demeaned by many people of my root as a villager, but this never drops down my hopes and inspirations for my destiny. I hope to live and to live for others too one day. I love to serve and to living around the field of technology so i can help my country also advance in the field of technology.Well, i am so sorry i had to write to you a book. Only thought that was the best way i could express to you how much i really cherish and ever dream of being called a son to you and you offering me the opportunity to calling you a mother of mine from across the seas too. I know you can give me happiness only and only if God permit that, But with i believing that its only through God's will that makes me chooose you, Inshall Allah you shall admit to take me as a son from across the seas and i once again stand here to appologize for the book i have written.God bless and i will be looking forward to reading from you.__________is my name and YOu?"

Replies

• NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You can take it as a scam of some sort.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    it is spam
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You can take it as a scam of some sort.

This.
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    scam!!!
  • Freida_MS
    Options
    agree, scam
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Either Scam/Spam, or just plain creepy - I'd take it further than blocking - I would take it to the moderators. That is just plain............weird!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just give me your routing number and checking account number and I will make sure no one tries to rip you off.

<
    helpful. :smile:
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Definitely scam spam! Great to know you blocked it. I'll be on the look-out for mine in the future. Thanks for the head's up!
  • tsmith67
    Options
    Scam!
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Just give me your routing number and checking account number and I will make sure no one tries to rip you off.

<

LOL!
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    :noway: That's creepy. I'd say spam or a scam. I'd report him to someone on here, on top of what you already did. Just creepy.
  • moosejuice16
    Options
    Just reply...

Too long......Didnt read
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I guess I have to agree with the people above me. This is spam! It looks like someone who is trying to "get to know" you by appealing to your motherly instinct then will try to scam you out of your money.

Wise choice to block this person. Perhaps you should report them so MFP can be on the lookout for this type of behavior. I, for one, never would have suspected it here on this site. Thanks for making us aware.
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options

<

Dont' forget about her address, credit card # and SS! :D
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Totally scam/spam. And creepy. Make sure you report that person to MFP.
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    There are a few grammatical errors. I would correct them and send it back to him. It was also a bit tough to read. Correcting it might help him out so the next person he sends it to won't get as freaked out.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Be sure to report the mail to Mike or Steven so that they can take action against the person who sent it
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    OH MY. Even if that is not a scam that is about a 12 on a creep scale of 1 to 10. GROSS.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    But it probably is one.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Soooo is he selling shakeology? How much does he want?