Anyone using p90x?

Options
Doing the p90x lean exercise while using myfitness pal. Getting good results so far. Anyone else using the system?

Replies

• sfcnails
    Options
    Finished P90X back in November. Got good results even while healing from back surgery. Went on to a mass building program for three months and now started P90X-2 this morning. This is going to be interesting. The core work out is much harder in this one than in X-1 so I can't imagine what else is in store.
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Is this workout suitable for me to do in a 1st floor flat? I'm thinking of buying it, but don't want the neighbours complaining if I'm leaping about!
  • Timarling
    Options
    Feel free to join the group p90x 2012. We can all motivate each other.
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first week of p90x, how do I log it on here?
  • desireeb94
    desireeb94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't figure that out either.
  • jmulldome
    Options

After testing out a few other different workout DVD's, like Insanity, I have come back for another round of P90X and am currently in the beginning of Week 2.
    As far as logging it in, I create my own custom workouts, but I give it the same amount of credit as circuit training.

Regarding another question about working out on a 1st floor flat, the only workout that has you jumping around a little is Plyo X, which is basically jump training. In the DVD, he stresses jumping and landing with your toes and balls of your feet, resulting is softer and quieter landings, and reducing your chance of injury..............so in other words, if you do it right, you should be fine as all of the other exercises are relatively quiet.
  • bergsangel
    Options

this site is a great way to figure it out...then just create an exercise http://p90xcalories.com/
  • jmulldome
    Options
    After jumping around to different programs (Insanity, Jillian Michaels, Biggest Loser, etc), I have come back to P90X, although Insanity is a close 2nd.

Insanity tends to be a "balls to the wall" type workout, with very little let up.........and it seems to be more cardio-centric.
    P90X is more of a toning or body building type workout, as it actually focuses on the different areas of your body, and strips them down.
    With Insantiy, I felt the short term shortness of breath, and then all was good.
    With P90X, I dealt with the lingering soreness that comes from a good workout.

Take today for example, I just did the Chest & Back workout yesterday, and my triceps, chest, and lats are sore today. What am I doing today, Plyometrics (jump training)? So that means I will still have some lingering upper body soreness tomorrow, coupled with soreness in my calves, thighs, and hams..........only to do another upper body workout, working the shoulders, biceps and triceps.

The way P90X moves around the body is just perfect, as it allows just enough recovery time between working certain body sections.
  • jmulldome
    Options
    That's a pretty good calculator, and the results aren't too far off from what you get for "circuit training" on this site.
  • jmulldome
    Options
    That's a pretty good calculator, and the results aren't too far off from what you get for "circuit training" on this site.

Sorry, I was referring to the calculator recommended by bernsangel up above.
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Did p90x a little while back and had awesome results. Just have to stay committed to the program and especially your diet.
  • LeenLeGrys
    Options
    Yes, I've done P90X and am now doing P90X2 which is very different than P90X. Both are great, but in different ways. How do you like it so far?
  • AshJasper
    AshJasper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I want to do it really bad, but I just can't afford it. does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I want to do it really bad, but I just can't afford it. does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

Wellllll I saw how expensive it was so I had a friend who is tech savy burn me 13 discs. I figured if it wasn't for me it I wasnt wasting any money
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I did p90x classic last year twice and got fantastic results......right now I am doing other things for working out but I plan on doing the classic program again starting in april.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What you'll find with P90X is that it is not a gimmick, it is simply good workouts that you can do in the gym. It involves Resistance Days, Cardio Days, and Yoga. Very well rounded.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Is this workout suitable for me to do in a 1st floor flat? I'm thinking of buying it, but don't want the neighbours complaining if I'm leaping about!

I think It'll make you work extra harder. Why? Because you'll have to "think like a cat" (those are tTony Horton's words btw) so for you to not make too much noise, you'll really have to learn how to jump and land without making any noise, therefore forcing yourself to work harder.
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I will be starting tomorrow just recieved it today I am so excited. It is good to hear you are having great results...
  • nukehiker
    Options

you will have to manually enter it
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

Plyometrics may disturb the neighbors below you, LOTS of jumping around!
    In some of the workouts, jumping jacks are part of the warmup. My knees are bad, so I do a 'skip rope' type of 'jumping'. Tony does say "Land on your toes-soft landing"

Could you speak with your neighbors and inform them you will be working out and they may hear some thumping on certain days?